A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Production Analyst will be responsible for maintaining adequate levels of raw materials and components to support production requirements and maintenance of MRP and supporting systems.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of raw materials, components and subassemblies that support daily production requirements.
- Monitor and update the raw material, component and subassembly min/max reorder levels taking into consideration delivery lead-times, forecast, and history of usage.
- Conduct as required inventory analysis on assigned raw materials, components and subassemblies to maximize inventory turns.
- Review monthly dormant, excessive and obsolete materials and take necessary actions to reduce and/or eliminate.
- Responsible for submission of deviations and MRP system adjustments to maintain accurate back flushing and inventory levels.
- Set up ERP system planning parameters and update as required.
- Participate in production meetings to communicate in advance material problems, offering alternatives and solutions.
- Review and update the forecast for suppliers at least quarterly taking into consideration forecast, history of usage and supplier performance.
- Identify, consult and promote the applications of best practices in the areas of materials/inventory levels as they apply to lean manufacturing techniques/just-in-time methods.
- Communicate and assist in resolving issues related to B.O.M. accuracy, vendor performance, purchase orders and other related issues with appropriate departments.
- Communicate Engineering Change Notices to the various production departments on new and/or revised raw materials, components and subassemblies.
- Confer with vendors, production, purchasing, production control, material control and other personnel to exchange information regarding material supply issues and inventory levels.
- Assist as required, in the development and recommendation of strategies to improve material flows and ability to react/accommodate schedule changes with minimum disruption and loss of efficiency.
- Responsible to achieve and maintain the department KPI's as established by Materials Manager and Supervisor.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university with minimum two years related experience or minimum 7 years equivalent combination of education and experience in field of material planning.
- Demonstrated capabilities in planning, organization, integration, and control with respect to the material planning function.
- Strong communicative skills (speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Training and/or experience in MRP systems
- Training and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to develop forecast, implement JIT and Kanban Systems
- APICS Certification
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top