Product Support Specialist - US - Close to a major US Metro Market
- Oxnard, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Commercial Growth Product Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical and product support to distributors, internal sales, District Technical Representatives and others needing detailed product information regarding commercial products from any of Rheem Water Division's business units. The role will oversee field technical communications regarding assigned product lines including technical bulletins, phone calls, customer visits, attending and supporting customer events, quality, application, training and support. The position will also ensure that Water commercial customer information sources are current and correct.
This position will serve our Commercial Water Division - ALL US LOCATIONS - Close to major Metro Market.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collects field and customer inputs and provides guidance to all four business units on product application improvements, product service-ability and install-ability enhancements working in coordination with product marketing, sales, engineering, manufacturing, quality and sourcing.
- Addresses/resolves distributor, Manufacturer's Rep and customer issues and questions pertaining to product application, installation and service for commercial products from all four business units.
- Participates in and supports New Product Development Teams by providing product application, installation and service expertise to enhance new product design. Serve as the voice of DTRs and distributor service coordinators on product development projects.
- Manages field technical communications on assigned Water commercial products or product categories.
- Partners with product marketing of the four business units to develop field support programs to manage product quality issues including scope, announcement, repair procedures, parts kits, work instructions, etc.
- Assists marketing in developing and maintaining product application, installation, and service technical documentation including installation and operating instructions, service manuals and venting instructions.
- Drives ongoing process improvement for field technical support including communication, response time, problem tracking and resolution and creating metrics to track performance improvement.
- Keeps current on industry safety guidelines, skill trade guidelines, national/state/local codes, and any other applicable source which directly affects the proper application, installation, and service of Water commercial products from the four business units. Note: I may be picking nits here, but trying to be consistent.
- Help maintain and support commercial products databases including documentation files, drawing files and product related specification files.
- Communicates service bulletins and advisories on product application, installation, and service guidance.
- Creates or maintains a list of frequently asked questions regarding commercial products from Water Division business units
WHAT YOU NEED
- Associates Degree in a Technology Degree
- 4 - 6 years of experience installing/service technician, distributor/dealer service manager in the HVAC/Plumbing industry.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Must have strong presentation skills, business analytics, people management, team work and project management skills.
- Periodic travel is required.
- R&D lab technician or design/application engineer experience preferred.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top