Product Support Specialist
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Product Support Specialist will be responsible for providing all technical and product application support to distributors, internal sales and District Technical Representative teams. This will include handling all communications and phone calls, customer visits, attending and supporting customer events related to product, quality, application, training and support. Additionally, this role will also oversee all field technical communications relating to the assigned product or product categories.
This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division (ACD) located in either Fort Smith, AR or Lewisville, TX
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead or co-lead projects involving product application improvements, product service-ability and install-ability enhancements working in coordination with product marketing, sales, engineering, manufacturing, quality and sourcing.
- Address/resolve customer (distributor) issues and questions pertaining to product application, installation and service.
- Participate and support New Product Development Teams by providing product application, installation and service expertise to enhance new product design. Lead projects to improve product install-ability and service-ability of assigned products, working closely with product marketing, sales, engineering, manufacturing, quality and sourcing. Be the voice of DTRs and distributor service coordinators on product development projects.
- Manage all field technical communications as it relates to assigned products or product categories. Develop, maintain, and communicate service bulletins and advisories to provide product application, installation, and service guidance.
- Develop field support programs to manage product quality issues. This includes scope, announcement, repair procedures, parts kits, work instructions, etc. Work with product marketing to gain management approval for the program. Lead program implementation and coordination.
- Provide on-site product application, installation, and service assistance to resolve reported problems. Assist with technical product training especially as it relates to problem resolution, quality improvements and product enhancements that improve service-ability and install-ability. Develop and provide product technical support training to distributor personnel.
- Maintain awareness of industry safety agency guidelines, skill trade guidelines, national/state/local codes, and any other applicable source which directly affects the proper application, installation, and service of Division products.
- Provide technical expertise, as required, to support any litigation pertaining to matters resulting from product application, installation, and service problems/damages.
- Supervise employees
WHAT YOU NEED
- Minimum of 8 years of direct technical HVAC industry experience.
- Past experience as installing/service technician, distributor/dealer service manager.
- Minimum Associates Degree in HVAC technology required.
- Must have very strong verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills, business analytics, people management, team work and project management skills.
- Evidence of proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office software and internet communications required.
- Periodic travel is required.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Prefer undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering (specializing in HVAC), or related field.
- R&D lab technician or design/application engineer preferred.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top