Product Manager, IoT Web & Mobile
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Product Manager IoT Mobile & Web Applications will be responsible for leading the planning, design, development, testing, & deployment of IoT enabled applications for consumers, businesses, & tradespeople as well as internal business intelligence and customer service teams. They will be a crucial member of an exciting new team responsible for delivering innovative smart appliances to a variety of residential & commercial markets.
Strong candidates will have launched highly rated iOS and Android apps, be driven to exceed customer expectations, collaborate successfully with a wide range of disciplines, plan methodically while keeping the big picture in view, be up on trends in mobile, IoT, voice, and other emerging platforms and have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going.
This position will serve our Corporate Division and be based in either Lewisville, TX or the Atlanta, GA area.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan & execute research to reveal functionality, accessibility, and usability gaps
- Collect & analyze feedback from reviews, customer service, and interviews with distributors, contractors, & consumers
- Consolidate requirements required to support upcoming launches
- Maintain multi-generational 3-year roadmap
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans for all major projects
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that directly support primary objectives of the project, are appropriate in size for iterative development, & include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- Manage UX design partner & drive the development of user story-based wireframes
- Collaborate with Electronics, Cloud, & App software development teams on functional design and implementation
- Create User Acceptance Test plans and perform User Acceptance Testing for all software releases engaging additional stakeholders as appropriate for new product launches
- Plan & lead usability testing for significant changes
- Train internal & external customer service teams
- Provide prioritization and design guidance in all sprint planning sessions
- Create and publish monthly KPI reports (e.g. registrations, daily active users, etc.)
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 year's experience in a product owner role on a mobile application team following an agile framework
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into clear business and product requirements
- 3+ year's experience writing user stories & acceptance criteria
- Experience with a variety of software delivery methodologies including forms of Agile or Lean
- Knowledge of cloud services and electronics in a marketing, sales, or product management capacity
- Ability to prioritize complex and often competing deliverables
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to backup assumptions, evaluate outcomes, and challenge conventional wisdom
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years professional experience with connected devices/appliances such as home security or home automation
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Back to top