A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Product Manager is responsible for managing one or more primary product categories throughout the product life cycle. Activities include developing a product roadmap, conducting competitive benchmarking, identifying and filling product gaps, leading cross-functional teams in developing new products, managing product cost and profitability, leading product cost-reduction activities, monitoring and adapting the product portfolio strategy, leading product commercialization efforts, and providing marketing support for pricing, sales, training, literature, and promotions.
This position will serve our Division located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversees the product life cycle and manage the development, profitability and market share growth of assigned products categories.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to complete project justification analysis via ROI & payback periods and develop project buy-in.
- Develops and maintains a product road map that positions Rheem to win in the marketplace, drives customer centric innovations, ensures P&L growth, and includes the latest VOC input
- Leads cross-functional team on product development projects ensuring project schedules are created, updated, maintained, and followed.
- Collaborates with engineering, manufacturing and purchasing to drive cost reduction activities to maintain and grow product portfolio profitability.
- Partners with marketing to provide the sales team with the necessary sales knowledge, training and materials enabling them to sell the product.
- Prepares product forecasts and monitor inventory levels as serves as liaison with production to ensure supply timelines.
- Reviews and analyzes product data, keep sales team up to date on new developments regarding the company's or competitor's products.
- Leads competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps such as product teardowns, PEP process, customer interviews, online research and other benchmarking methodologies.
- Provides direct supervision over assigned staff. Provides performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing, Business Administration or related field OR
- Master's Degree Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 6-8 years of experience in product management, marketing, sales, and engineering related fields.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Demonstrates project management and team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, organization, time management and multi - tasking skills.
- Highly energetic and a self-starter.
- Ability to think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information.
- Sales, marketing, or HVAC / Water Heating industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel without restrictions.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top