- Irving, CT
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
Eemax, Inc., established in 1988, has quickly emerged as the market leader in electric tankless heaters in the commercial and residential market. Eemax is a fully owned subsidiary of Rheem Manufacturing Corporation. Based in Waterbury, CT, Eemax manufactures the largest selection of tankless electric water heaters for use in industrial, residential and commercial applications.
The Procurement Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing Eemax's purchased components and purchased products total supply chain to assure Eemax can support our customers' needs and requirements while driving reductions in total cost of ownership and increasing supply flexibility. Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing & Materials Manager, this person will be responsible for driving cost improvement initiatives, increased production output, maximize inventory turns and minimizing Working Capital. This role will be responsible to develop and maintain long term agreements with key suppliers, assist in implementing a ship to stock quality program and develop inventory processes that support speed and flexibility to our manufacturing team.
This position will serve our Eemax Division, located in Waterbury, CT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain a robust forecasting and ordering process.
- Oversee and strategically manage buyer(s)
- Negotiate and maintain purchasing agreements with Key Suppliers
- Development and maintenance of supplier relationships and identifying new / alternative sources as needed.
- Inventory management and processes to assure operations has the components required to support customer demands.
- Manage ongoing Cycle Counting process
- Implement a Supplier Ship to Stock program with our key vendors.
- Review and improve the present Kan-Ban System to increase flexibility and speed of our production capabilities.
- Drive continuous cost improvement projects that will result in year over year financial benefits.
- Lead and / or support Kaizens, Value added / Value Engineered initiatives and any other activity that would result in improved productivity
- Analyzing & report on market trends and / or other economic data that would have an impact on product & component supply or create cost variances (positive or negative).
- Present monthly progress reports to Strategic Sourcing & Materials Manager
- Collaborate with Corporate procurement as needed to support leveraged buying
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS, BA 4-year degree or 5+ year experience in a procurement or strategic management / operations position.
- Minimum travel to mostly North American companies (< 10% of time)
- Prior history of managing associates a plus
- Sound negotiating, technical and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and procedures.
- Familiarity of MRP/ERP systems / processes, experience of NetSuite product a plus.
- High level of competency in standard purchasing / sourcing processes.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top