Plumber Support Technical Trainer
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Plumber Support Technical Trainer will be responsible for input on development, presentation and implementation of technical training for plumbers/contractors across training facilities, with a strong focus on the input to development and delivery of technical content. This role will help develop curriculum and presentation materials for Water Heater Division products in field settings and national training centers. This role will provide a world-class experience for plumbers/contractors utilizing live fire demonstration areas to include installations, service, and troubleshooting training. Provide necessary field support training for plumber support (contractor outreach) and outside sales teams.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct training as needed at Rheem or customer location. National travel will be required.
- Support development of new curriculum for the training centers for which the Technical Trainer is responsible. New curriculum will include incorporating Rheem/Ruud values, brand promise and selling propositions into all training material - technical and business training.
- Work closely with the brand team, sales team, product team, engineering, field support and customers in developing and executing training programs. Responsible for supporting all new product launches with sales, product and technical training.
- Support commercialization of training (Rheem Academy and Ruud University) programs.
- Incorporate mobile tools, cutting edge technologies and new learning mechanisms to continuously enhance Rheem's training portfolio and delivery mechanisms.
- Establish comprehensive metrics and reports to monitor training program progress, and make adjustments to strategy to deliver results.
- Work with plumber support team to provide ongoing technical training by utilizing feedback received from the field.
- Develop and maintain equipment and piping in live fire demonstration areas.
- Develop specific training techniques to ensure training flexibility for 'hands on' training to include installation, servicing and troubleshooting material.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- National travel is required up to 70%.
WHAT YOU NEED
Minimum of 10 years of hands-on technical plumbing experience.
- Experience in a plumbing business.
- Active Plumber/Master Plumber license.
- Knowledge of water heaters, including their installation, service, and replacement.
- Strong product knowledge (Water heating).
- Demonstrated experience in technical or product training or technical background/work experience with training/teaching experiences.
- Experience managing and working within a team-oriented environment
Able to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adapt to a changing environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, business analytics, project management skills, comfort with public speaking and ability to lay down a vision and execute to it.
- Strong Managerial and Organizational skills.
- Ability to learn technical information quickly and interpret it to deliver a simple, concise message.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Experience in managing a plumbing business.
- MS Office.
- Experience training teams/groups.
- Master Plumber certification a plus.
- Engagement with PHCC memberships and school engagements (Trade schools, Vocational Schools, High Schools, PHCC schools).
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top