Plant Human Resources Manager
- Fort Smith, AR
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Plant Human Resources Manager is responsible for the supervision and administration of all Human Resources functions of the plant to include employment, training, communications, compliance, safety and occupational health, labor relations, wage & salary administration, and security.
This position will serve our Air Division , based in Fort Smith, Arkansas .
What You'll Do
- Plan, schedule, and supervise all functions within the Human Resources Department
- Assure compliance with company policies, union contract provisions, and government regulations and laws concerning human resources matters
- Interpret instructions, personnel policies, and union contract to subordinates and department heads
- Advise Director of Operations and Division Director, Human Resources of plant requirements where union contract is concerned, and handle or assist in handling company-union labor contract negotiations
- Conduct wage, salary, and benefit surveys to assure competitiveness in the area
- Counsel department managers and supervisors on matters of discipline and conflict resolution
- Conduct employee counseling, as required
- Ensure training programs are in place to address the training needs of plant salaried and hourly employees
- Coordinate programs to address absenteeism and turnover
- Ensure safety programs are in place to minimize injuries and worker's compensation costs
- Administer policies and procedures relating to all functions under their direction
- Coordinate the salary review plan and certify and approve all salary actions, such as promotions, demotions, re-classifications and merit increases for submission to Plant Manager and Division Human Resources
- Oversee employee benefits administration for hourly and salaried employees
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Manager in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Experience managing all aspects of a human resources function (employee/labor relations, compensation, staffing, benefits, safety, training, communications, discipline, etc.)
- Experience in managing a departmental budget
- Experience in team management and coaching/developing employee performance
- Experience in change management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and innovatively
HOW TO STAND OUT
- PHR or SPHR certification
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top