Occupational Medical Specialist
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Occupational Medical Specialist position will serve our Air Condition Division and is located in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Administer physician recommended over-the-counter medications, first aid treatment, and follow-up treatment for work related injuries in accordance with approved medical practices.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents. Assess injury/illness for referral to appropriate level of care.
- Administer drug screen collections, and facilitate hearing tests.
- Obtain patients' medical history and make notes to medical chart as appropriate.
- Complete periodic reports of all visits handled during the shifts. Record information concerning visits and action taken to medical chart. File medical charts appropriately.
- Prepare government, company, and workers' compensation insurance, forms and reports related to safety as required
- Maintain appearance and sanitation of medical facility.
- Explain treatment plans and procedures to patients in a professional manner to gain cooperation, understanding and to avoid apprehension.
- Administer the Transitional Duty/Return to Work process within the workers' compensation program.
- Analyze workers' compensation claims and facilitate reports to management using the appropriate computer programs along with participating in periodic workers' compensation meetings.
- Investigate incidents as directed by the Workers' Compensation Manager. This may require a team effort between the Operations Team, ERT members, Union Representatives and Safety Technician.
- Work with cross functional teams to create, improve, and sustain safety within work cells.
- Perform ergonomic evaluations advising engineering and management on mitigating at-risk processes.
- Represent the Company in legal proceedings.
- Conduct daily plant walk-throughs to observe safe/unsafe behaviors and conditions as well as provide employee feedback and answer questions.
- Lead monthly safety audits.
- Develop and train Emergency Response Team to handle medical emergencies in the facility.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Medical certification (LPN or EMT) with minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with workers' compensation laws and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years working knowledge of occupational medicine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and to others outside the company.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to participate in and contribute to group meetings.
- Ability to work extended hours as required, as needed by production
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or Registered Nurse (RN) with three (3) years of related experience
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Back to top