A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Model Maker II Fabricates and constructs basic components and systems in accordance engineering specifications and acceptable industry standards.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Science and Engineering jobs in Montgomery, AL delivered to your inbox every week.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Demonstrate job skills required by subordinate job codes.
- Apply blueprint development and usage skills, work from drawings and sketches as they relate to design of sheet metal components, tubing components and component assemblies.
- Apply CAD and manufacturing related CAD software to evaluate basic problems.
- Apply bills of material (BOM) documentation to verify sample components and system configuration.
- Perform maintenance on basic fabrication equipment consistent with maintenance schedules and apply troubleshooting skills to implement basic repairs.
- Use hand tools, weld, braze and bend tubing and form sheet metal in keeping with requirements and accepted practices.
- Configure, connect and assemble equipment in accordance with engineering specifications or defined practices.
- Operate computer systems to document and manage task, project and process documentation and bill of material review in accordance with company policy.
- Manage electronic communications for assigned task, project and process documentation and data and BOM review in accordance with company policy.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports summarizing project activity, conditions, procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations to project leaders
- Plan and complete assigned tasks according to requirements and project schedules, represent R&D on project and design development teams and recommend design changes based on results. .
- Must attend work regularly
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associate Degree or Vo-tech Degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Two or more years of experience in a Model Maker I position
- Demonstrate proficiency in job skills required within Model Maker I position
- Must possess basic knowledge of drafting and manufacturing related CAD standards
- Must demonstrate basic sheet metal, basic tubing, assembly design skills
- Must demonstrate basic BOM and manufacturing related CAD skills
- Must demonstrate basic equipment and system trouble shooting, repair and maintenance skills
- Must demonstrate basic skills in the operation of design fabrication equipment
- Must demonstrate basic skills in reading design documentation and the fabrication of components and systems
- Must demonstrate basic office, e-mail, calendar management, document and file management software skills
- Must demonstrate basic verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic personal task management and project schedule usage skills
- Ability to work overtime with no restrictions
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others in a team environment
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com