MGH-Tool and Die Machinist
- Montgomery, AL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Should be able to keep machinery, mechanical equipment and tools in a state of good repair.
• Examines tools for defects in operation, locating faulty part or parts by mechanical knowledge. Dismantles or partially dismantles machines and tools to gain access to defective parts.
• Should be able to evaluate problem and determine what will be required to properly reassemble tools and machinery.
• Using proper tools and precision instruments machinist should be able to make necessary replacement parts and/or repair parts and assemble them into machinery to tools being repaired.
• Must be capable of using various tools such as squares, calipers, micrometers, and any other precision instruments.
• Must be able to do set-ups on tool room machinery, sheet metal layout and fabrication.
• Must be able to read and work from mechanical drawings.
• Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
• Observe all departmental safety requirements.
• Inspect units or parts for defects and workmanship.
• Work from written or verbal orders.
o Practice and support Rheem values with internal as well as external customers.
o Observe all departmental safety requirements
o Maintain 6S housekeeping in work area.
o Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
• Denotes essential duties and responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: May be exposed to high noise levels.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Background/Experience: 2-year Associate Degree in Machine Tool Technology and 2 years work experience using manual machine shop equipment and CNC equipment or 5 years experience utilizing same equipment. Work experience in the use and application of machine tool skills that require shop math, geometry, and trigonometry.
Technical Requirements: The following skills will be tested: Lift truck
Desirable Attributes/Skills: General working knowledge and application of shop math, geometry, trigonometry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Continuous lifting of 5-25 lbs; Frequent lifting of 25-60 lbs; Occasional lifting of 60+ lbs. Frequent strain due to position of body, unsupported lifting.
Back to top