- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for reaching, planning , and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems. Works closely with the Maintenance and Tooling Departments to drive Process Improvements, especially by design.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• Designs products or systems such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, fixturing and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
• Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
• Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
• Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
• Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Supports daily activities within the plant by assessing downtime events for opportunity for improvement. Designs improvements, and oversees implementation.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and five years related experience; or seven or more year's related experience and training and successfully completed Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) test.
• Understanding of engineering and manufacturing practices.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, i.e., fabrication, assembly, paint, etc.
• Strong abilities and working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, tooling, industrial electrical controls, power transmissions, press and feed line systems, tooling and mechanical systems.
• Strong communicative skills (speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management.
• Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects A MUST!
• A team player with solid interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with little or no supervision.
• Experience in directly supervising employees, monitoring and recording performance.
• Experience in leading a maintenance department in a dynamic environment that has shifting priorities based on business needs.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to make recommendations and/or solve problems.
• Must be available 24/7 to support troubleshooting, install activity, and for emergency call outs outside of normal schedule hours when needed.
HOW TO STAND OUT
• Certifications Fluid Power Society, Motion Ind. Institute, SME
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Basic proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Products)
- Strong background in PLC controls
- Experience in launching and coordinating Preventative and Predictive Programs
- Knowledge of Kaizen approach and conducted same
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and implementation in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in a high volume durable goods manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with all levels of management.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Back to top