Mechanical Design Engineer
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Mechanical Design Engineer uses engineering techniques to design, maintain, and improve new and existing products for engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Work in a Product Lifecycle Management system for CAD data management, electronic change order processing, bill of material structure, and data transfer
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Develop both 3D solid models and 2D production drawings.
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to documentation release.
- Must be able to follow project and provide hands-on support from concept through design, prototype, and manufacturing of finished products.
- Conduct simple structural analysis using FEA software desired.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, and efficiency and agency requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Experience in electronic file management and engineering/manufacturing change processes.
- Experience with MRP/ERP and bill of material structuring
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills (ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations)
- Experience in appliance design preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and engineering computer systems including Solidworks solid modeling software.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards and agencies preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, such as Design of Experiments and test engineering. Ability to carry out the development of information-gathering exercises for the purpose of investigating a system or process in a manufacturing environment and determine the root cause of problems. Knowledge of, and the ability to use, tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
- Knowledge of processes, approaches, tools and techniques of product design; ability to convert customer and market requirements into product design in the manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of existing and advanced methodologies, processes, tools and techniques of product development; ability to design, build and manage the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and lead projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in design and manufacture of products
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top