Material Controls Supervisor
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Material Controls Supervisor will be responsible for the direct supervision of hourly employees and working leaders. Keeps final assembly and back shops supplied with raw material. Maintains inventory accuracy and inventory levels.
This position will serve our Water Heating Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for the quantity and quality of work of the assigned group and coordinating work with other sections or production departments for the purpose of efficient operation.
- Plan and supervises the work within the assigned group and effecting improved methods and procedures for greater efficiency and reducing costs.
- Provides the proper induction, instruction and training of employees and maintaining an adequate and well-trained work force.
- Responsible for meeting all schedules established for the assigned section or department.
- Observe, protect, improve and maintain the quality of the materials during the assortment, shipment, transport and delivery to the points of final use.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of raw materials, components and subassemblies that support daily production requirements.
- Develop improvements for material flows from source to point of use.
- Maintains and applies 5S program.
- Maintains and properly identifies storage racks.
- Monitors FTM.
- Attends EC meetings and follows up for effective implementation.
- Ensures that material transactions are made on time and accurate.
- Ensures the timely tracking of the identification process of FIFO material.
- Maintains inventory reliability according to goal in plant and warehouse.
- Follows material under deviations and substitutions in system and delivery to points of use in production.
- Constantly seeks the optimization of spaces in the Plant and Warehouse.
- Follow-up on the delivery process with JIT suppliers and facilitate what they need in the loading and unloading processes.
- Follow-up on the delivery process with suppliers that deliver material directly to the Plant.
- Ensures that material receipt documents during the 2nd shift are captured in a timely manner so that it does not affect the reliability of the inventory.
- Communicate and assist in solving BOM problems.
- Communicate and follow up on inspection-receipt to determine errors, damaged material, shortages, or missing items.
- Follow up on claims to carriers.
- Ensures that materials documents meet their retention period in accordance with the Corporate Finance policy.
- Look for improvements in the supply and delivery process to increase staff capacity and efficiency.
- Look for improvements in the system and reports to increase the capacity and efficiency of data entry.
- Monitor the proper use and operation of scanners.
- Proactively and in advance notifies the lack of material and potential problems.
- Ensures interplant shipments, customers and returns to suppliers are made on time and with the required transactions.
- Effective monitoring of the E & O process.
- Follow-up with Planning to excess materials and those that may be dormant in Plant and Warehouse.
- Monitors the process and transactions of material on hold due to quality problems.
- Responsible for cycle counting of key raw material and oversight of annual physical
Participate and help in updating and cleaning the parameters in the database of purchased parts.
- Participate and help in the definition of inventory levels in WIP.
- Establishes and elaborates efficient material supply plans.
- Responsible for compliance with the quality policy and ISO 9000 standards.
- Responsible to achieve and maintain the department KPI's (Metrics) as established by Materials Systems Manager.
Responsible for the control of costs and proper maintenance of tools, machines and other working equipment and materials within the assigned group.
- Responsible for the prompt and impartial action and enforcement of company policies.
- Provide a safe work environment that is free from recognized hazards that cause or are likely to cause physical harm to our employees, take corrective actions to eliminate recognized hazards, and hold accountable employees for actions required to comply with our safe practices, policies, and procedures.
Maintain high employee morale through good employee-management relations and through knowledge of policies where applicable. Recognize and inform higher supervision of hourly employees' capabilities.
- Confer with employees for the purpose of gathering facts and settling individual complaints or problems before they become formal grievances.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the Materials Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WHAT YOU NEED
Must have a BS degree with at least three years supervising materials, warehousing, and inventory control.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to work and interact in a team setting.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability and individual initiative.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include Word and Excel.
- Must have good people skills, the ability to work and interact in a team setting.
- Basic understanding of Inventory movements physically and in the system.
- Must have the ability to develop and train employees and have good organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to analyze problems, recommend, and implement improvements.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Working knowledge with MTMS.
- Scheduling experience a plus.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top