Manufacturing Engineering Manager
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for the leadership, planning, coordination, and administration of Division Manufacturing Engineers based on Montgomery. The role is responsible for development of programs relative to specification, design, development and construction of equipment, tooling, plant facilities; equipment overhauls; plant engineering coordination related to New Product Introduction (NPI) and Cost Improvement Projects (CPI).
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Capital job screening and analysis; division capital budget activities and forecast.
- Develop, recommend, submit, and obtain approval for manufacturing plans to cover NPI as well CPI vertical integration projects, related with the Montgomery DME team. Position will service and support the Division. Coordinate with manufacturing plants the earlier involvement on product developments and cost improvement programs.
- Review, analyze, specify, develop and recommend for approval, plans for capital expenditures for production lines, production machinery, measurement systems, material handling systems, utilities installation, building facilities, property improvements, and all forms of tooling.
- Set the Annual internal Metrics related to Innovation, cost improvements, systems simplifications and new technology adoption. Connect these goals with Division and company strategy and key strategies.
- Responsible to Foster team collaboration, product co-development, and early DME involvement to create great products through innovation. Support soft tooling and prototyping efforts internally and externally. Recommend and justify equipment and process design tools (software/hardware) to better simulate our new product deployments.
- Consult and support the Division concerning plant engineering, equipment and tooling, opportunities and technical problems.
- Foster implementation of best manufacturing practices among Divisions related to NPI and CPI, technology innovation to increase our profitability, costs reduction ideas to sustain the company growth.
- Keep abreast of the best manufacturing equipment, and process available on the market. Analyze cutting edge technology, prepare the related business case to justify innovation, and new technology. Annual report to be submitted to division leadership.
- Responsible for direct reports talent development, providing leadership, new career paths and exciting assignments. Training and learning opportunities for next generations are to be ingrained to departmental cascading goals.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ME, EE, Mechatronic Eng. )
- Proven Leadership skills with technical and non-technical direct reports/ peers.
- Experience leading 5 to 8 direct and indirect reports.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience manufacturing, in a medium to large manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years on Supervisory / Manager position
- Working knowledge of Equipment and Tooling Design
- 5-7 years working cycle form Design modeling to equipment construction responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills and techniques, with proven success records leading and directing projects
- Formal training as project manager, and 3 to 5 significant projects on his resume.
- Strong background in capital assets justification and approval
- Working knowledge of automated manufacturing process, and business operating systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicative skills (writing, speaking & listening)
- Strong background and experience in projects and business case analysis. Including Make vs Buy
- Experience in monitoring and recording employees performance
- Travel requirements are 25% to 35%
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Full Bilingual English /Spanish
- Professional Engineer qualifications
- Masters Degree in Engineering field, or MBA
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top