Manager, Operational Excellence - Projects
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Manager, Operational Excellence - Projects monitors, consults and leads division and business unit initiatives with a key focus on operational strategy, efficiency, and sustainability ensuring that all applicable projects requirements are met/followed.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Assists in the development and execution of general programs, procedures and methodologies to facilitate effective plant operations. Perform the necessary follow-up to assure performance goals and objectives are achieved and/or exceeded.
- Studies the organization's manufacturing and operational processes and identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement or efficiency optimization applying lean manufacturing principles.
- Drives project efficiency and proper coordination across business units and functional boundaries.
- Promotes established operating policies and procedures.
- Keeps key stakeholders informed of the status and progress of special projects and general plant operating conditions.
- Provides indirect supervision within a matrixed organization.
- Provides performance feedback, coaching and mentoring as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- 4 to 6 years of experience manufacturing process environment
- 2 to 4 years team leadership experience, Project Leadership
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, Oracle or AS400.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master's Degree MBA or Engineering field.
- Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects a must.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen Teams and standard work methodology.
- Experience in Lean concepts and application.
- Experience in a high volume durable goods manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top