Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
This EHS Manager is ultimately responsible for the Rheem Montgomery Plant's environmental, health, and safety programs and for compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines. The incumbent also serves as a shared resource / subject matter expert for the Montgomery Water Heater Division. The EHS Manager leads and administers all safety initiatives as well as directs plant wide environmental and safety related continuous improvement activities while mitigating potential liability. Responsibilities also include the management of the Rheem Plant Medical Facility and the Waste Water Treatment operations.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Plan, schedule, and coordinate all activities related to Plant Safety and Environmental Programs and ensure that its focus remains as our top priority.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Collaborates with insurance carrier claims adjusters, nurse case managers, and other appropriate staff to ensure proper management of claims.
- Creates and maintains company programs to prevent on-the-job injuries and illnesses.
- Partners with the operations teams to implement ergonomically sound and safety conscience production line and process changes.
- Leads accident investigations in collaboration with managers/supervisors to uncover root causes and implements corrective action; follows up on corrective action to ensure hazards are mitigated.
- Prepares material and evidence for organizational use in legal proceedings and insurance investigation.
- Make represent Rheem Water Heating, Montgomery, AL in legal proceedings related to workers' compensation.
- Interacts with Corporate in-house legal department and outside counsel on issues related to safety and workers' compensation matters.
- Prepares studies and analyses historical data of company related accidents and develops action plan to mitigate.
- Directly responsible for the management of the Rheem Waste Water Treatment Facility and the Rheem Medical Center Operations.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Government Regulations concerning OSHA and EPA, including permits and certifications. Stays abreast regulatory changes and promptly implements compliance programs.
- Primary contact for all Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, ADEM.
- Verifies that company is current on all required certifications and licenses.
- Compiles and submits reports required by Company and outside regulatory agencies.
- Contact for vendors and contractors.
- Contact with hourly and salaried workforce.
- Evaluate and conduct appropriate analysis in order to mitigate potential liability.
- Responsible for the promotion, communication and education of all hourly and salaried plant employees on safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene, and environmental programs.
- Responsible for all internal records and statistics on employee safety and health, environmental issues, industrial hygiene, and medical center transactions.
- Acts as the Montgomery Plant Emergency Response Coordinator as well as directs and monitors Emergency Management plans.
- Conducts, evaluates, and analyzes all safety, ergonomic, health, water and air emissions and makes appropriate recommendations to upper management.
- Develops and teaches safety initiatives to hourly and salaried personnel as well as manages training and compliance for all industrial lift truck safety.
- Leads employee committee involvement as it pertains to safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene and environmental programs. Conducts monthly safety meetings and audits.
- Manages company resources and budgets as it pertains to safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene, and environmental programs.
- Manages the company's light duty program.
- Manages facility security and violence in the work place programs.
- Maintains safety files, records, to include MSDS information.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in safety, waste water treatment plant, including Occupational Health Nurses. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigni9ng, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Industrial Hygiene, Occupational and Environmental Health Science, engineering, or related field, from four-year college or university, or equivalent education
- 7-10 years' experience in EHS and 5 or more years' experience as EHS Manager
- Prefer someone who is electrical and mechanically inclined and has high volume steel/metal manufacturing fabrication experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental program requirements regarding OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NFPA, NEC, and others
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to get on the floor, identify and analyze problems, develop solutions, and execute
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Overseeing medical care for individuals; filling out formal paperwork; ensuring individuals receive needed care during emergency situations
- Proficient in computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Strong communicative skills (interpersonal, speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management
- Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Self-motivated with little or no supervision
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top