A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Manager, Engineering is responsible for leading and supervising all aspects of designing and developing new products, identifying innovative products, taking cost out of products, and assuring excellent product reliability.
This position will serve our Water Heater, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Provide direct supervision over engineers with skills in electrical, design and manufacturing. Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Possess a strong technical understanding of division product line. Including understanding different field requirements and environmental factors for successful installations.
- Lead compliance efforts division.
- Develop new designs and interact with manufacturing to develop the products.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to product development.
- Generate engineering documentation e.g. specification, layouts, BOM and qualification reports.
- Work closely with Production team to develop assembly processes and provide technical support to assist in production line set-up/flow.
- Partner with Test and Quality team to conduct design verification and qualification testing to qualify the design and production parts.
- Work with third-party suppliers and production staff to develop solutions and execute design changes to optimize production process and cost savings.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and key management reports.
- Oversees controls over engineering documents.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on project status throughout the organization.
- Provide direct supervision over assigned staff. Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
WHAT YOU NEED
7-10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- 2-4 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Technical depth in Mechanical and Electrical concepts with a constant focus on the manufacturability of design under the considerations of volume manufacturing.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of electrical circuits and power.
- Must be hands on, the ability to test design concepts and prove feasibility.
- Ability to work constructively with a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes like die casting, injection molding, extrusion, stamping, parts finishing and tooling.
- Familiarity with design tools like GD&T, tolerance analysis, DFM and FMEA.
- Compliance, intellectual property, and regulatory experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with changing priorities without impeding the outcome of the results.
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, such as Design of Experiments and test engineering. Ability to carry out the development of information-gathering exercises for the purpose of investigating a system or process in a manufacturing environment and determine the root cause of problems. Knowledge of, and the ability to use, tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
- Knowledge of processes, approaches, tools and techniques of product design; ability to convert customer and market requirements into product design in the manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of existing and advanced methodologies, processes, tools and techniques of product development; ability to design, build and manage the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and lead projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top