Manager District Sales, New England
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
Manager of District Sales
The exciting District Sales Manager's role is to grow the Raypak business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM reports to a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team.
Territory includes: New England, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
It is the defined responsibility of the DSM to work with the RSM and regional team to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Selling : The DSM's primary responsibility is supporting the Raypak Business Partners who have front line responsibility for day to day sales and market activities with Raypak end users. The DSM is also responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts in project sales situations. The DSM will participate with the Business Partner in a sales support role by making sales visits with the Business Partner and participating in local and regional trade shows so as to facilitate and add value to the selling process.
- Territory Planning: The DSM must continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan. The DSM will continually assess current Water Heating / Hydronic channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans. The DSM will provide training on Raypak products, applications, and sales processes, and will provide/facilitate training and education to all levels of the sales channel.
- The DSM will maintain data relative to partners, accounts, and activities, and will document customer interactions as needed to support CRM system.
- Forecasting Reporting: The DSM will prepare monthly and quarterly forecasting reports for their respective regions.
- The DSM will assist in managing regional marketing programs and assist in maintaining a Regional dashboard showing the current marketing programs, current spending, and tracked metrics to ensure a quantifiable return on marketing objectives.
- The DSM completes, maintains and communicates quarterly and annual Territory plan updates with RBPs.
- Expense Reporting: The DSM is responsible for managing the overall expense budget for their assigned regions in accordance with specific Raypak policies and procedures.
- Time Management: Effectively utilize the Outlook calendar function for their own region and ensure each of their direct reports executes the same for a minimum thirty (30) day window.
- Other: Additional reports may be required from time to time.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Professional sales skills including key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the large volume Water Heating / Hydronic market segment and a general knowledge of the other Raypak target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of boiler systems used within the Water Heating / Hydronic market.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to start with "the end in mind", then work backwards to develop strategies, action plans, and goal measurements.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline. Business or marketing classes are a plus
- 3-5 years boiler experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Must possess a valid passport.
Back to top