A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for managing the assigned maintenance, tooling, and MRO departments through planning, directing, coaching, administering policies, implementing company projects/programs, setting objectives and expectations of staff. The role is responsible for the efficient maintenance of all plant machinery, equipment, facilities and programs.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and direct the diverse activities of all maintenance, tooling and MRO departments across all shifts.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing effective maintenance on required equipment, systems and facilities to achieve maximum performance and efficiency. (Preventative & Predictive Maintenance Program)
- Responsible for reporting maintenance KPI's and action plans to improve under-performing metrics.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans to maximize equipment availability. Provide technical support and troubleshooting skills on all plant equipment, systems and facilities.
- Provide practical maintenance and tooling solutions to address pressing needs to facilitate production requirements.
- Responsible for submitting department budgets and controlling overall maintenance costs to that budget. Participates and provides input into capital budget planning. Responsible for providing normal equipment replacement needs and prioritizing. Responsible for supplying equipment improvement needs to maximize equipment availability.
- Responsible for budgeting, planning and managing maintenance activities during annual plant shutdown. (Normally 1 week)
- Establish departmental procedures and policies for approval by higher management and direct the application of corporate policies and procedures to ensure efficient functioning of the maintenance, tooling and MRO departments.
- Provide input on design of equipment and/or processes for optimal operation and maintenance.
- Manages the assigned facilitators and superintendents. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
WHAT YOU NEED
- B.S. Degree in engineering or related field of study with minimum 7 years experience or A.S. Degree in related field of study with minimum 15 years experience.
- Understanding of engineering and manufacturing practices.
- Strong abilities and working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, tooling, industrial electrical controls, power transmissions, press and feed line systems, tooling and mechanical systems.
- Strong communicative skills (speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management.
- Experience in directly supervising employees, monitoring and recording performance.
- Experience in leading a maintenance department in a dynamic environment that has shifting priorities based on business needs.
- Must be available 24/7 for emergency call outs.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Strong background in PLC controls; Experience in launching and coordinating Preventative and Predictive Programs
- Knowledge of Kaizen approach
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and implementation in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in a high volume durable goods manufacturing environment.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top