- Montgomery, AL
The Machine Operator is responsible for the operation of machinery located within the Heater department. The Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring that our products please our customers. The Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring that the Heater department produces product of excellent quality and promoting the Rheem Values and Objectives. The Machine Operator must perform the duties of responsibility with focus on safety, efficiency and quality. The Machine Operator acts as a business owner for his/her work center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Must be able to operate a variety of machinery including, but not limited to, Winding and Marathon machinery, shot blast equipment, planishers, flue expanding tools, and flue insert equipment to assemble and fabricate tanks.
• Performs program profile adjustments and/or mechanical adjustments to equipment with minimal downtime, scrap, rework, or added labor.
• Follows written/verbal instructions to ensure proper parameters are entered/adjusted during set-up, operation, and shutdown of equipment.
• Meets and exceeds machine cycle times, while exercising quick & proper decision making to multi-task to achieve complete operational cycles on an ongoing basis.
• Recognizes and reacts appropriately to patterns of instability or variation in process data, maintaining process control at all times.
• Monitors equipment for proper function while ensuring product Quality is within established requirements, with minimal scrap, downtime, regrind, and rework.
• Confers with supervision or engineers to resolve machine malfunctions, production errors, and obtains approval to continue production when needed.
• Inspects units or parts for defects and workmanship
• Maintains quality inspection records, training records, etc.
• Supports and exceeds departmental goals/KPIs.
• Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
• Observes all departmental safety requirements.
• Works from written or verbal orders.
• Supports all Rheem Values and Objectives with internal and external customers.
• Performs other related duties as required by Team and Group Leaders.
• Works with support departments in all areas (quality, safety, ect.)
• Other duties as assigned
May be exposed to high noise levels, heat, dust and airborne particles. Candidate will be required to wear all applicable Personal Protective Equipment appropriate for the work area.
Required Education & Experience:
• Candidate must have a High School Diploma/GED.
• Candidate must have worked in a manufacturing environment/warehousing setting for a minimum of 1 year.
Candidate must be able to perform the following minimum physical qualifications for the role: Candidate must be able to perform: Continuous lifting of 5-25 lbs; Frequent lifting of 25-60 lbs; Occasional lifting of 60+ lbs. Must be able to stand, walk and/or lift repetitively during shift. Candidate must be able to climb to an elevated position. Candidate must be able to stand, walk and/or lift repetitively during shift. Candidate must be able to lift in unsupported positions as well as bend, twist/turn, reach, push/pull.
Back to top