Logistics Warehouse Shift Manager
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Logistics Warehouse Shift Manager oversees the tasks associated with the distribution center including shipping, receiving, loading and unloading, picking and packing.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Lewisville, Texas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develops daily schedules and order assignments.
• Oversees budgets, manpower and maintenance of department.
• Trains and directs distribution staff.
• Ensures safety and regulatory compliance at all times.
• Monitors and ensures optimal resources utilization within the distribution center.
• Continually monitor and adjust product pathing for the most efficient processing.
• Provides direct supervision over distribution staff.
• Provides performance feedback, coaching and mentoring
• Control costs and ensure the proper maintenance of tools, machines, and other working equipment, and materials within the assigned group.
WHAT YOU NEED
• 4-6 years experience in a distribution environment.
• 1-2 years providing work direction to others.
• Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate percentages.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Ability to operate Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
• Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects a must.
• Experience with Powered Industrial Equipment and/or lift truck license.
HOW TO STAND OUT
• Bachelor's Degree
• Possess the ability to understand, predict, and control the movement of goods, materials and supplies. Knowledge of the policies, processes and systems of warehouse management; ability to effectively manage a warehouse facility.
• Effectively establish, build and maintain relationships with internal/external customers. Understand and practice the value of aligning customer needs and satisfaction in day to day activities.
• Knowledge of the processes, tools and operational considerations for effective and efficient movement of goods and materials, including rate negotiations and package specifications; ability to understand, predict and control the movement of goods, materials and supplies.
• Understanding of the value of accurately analyzing the current environment and ability to synthesize ideas and information required for future process decisions and improvements. Analyzing problems with a holistic approach and collaboration, understanding where your actions affect other areas and how they are all connected. Additionally, demonstrated root-cause problem solving skills to drive improvements and improve customer experience and improve internal Rheem culture.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Hari K.Senior Product Engineer
Hari and his team design Rheem’s state-of-the-art residential and commercial furnace systems so that clients can enjoy heat without safety hazards.
Back to top