IoT Data Scientist
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The IoT Data Scientist will be responsible for will use data mining and predictive modeling techniques to extract value out of data to enabled both direct and indirect monetization as well as cost reductions. This role plays a critical part in the overall IoT strategy by elevating the value proposition for customers from direct product-based benefits to data-based benefits. This role will work closely with Cloud, Engineering & Product teams to identify the right data objects, frequency of data collection, data architecture & organization, studying and trending data, isolating key product events for predictive alerts/modeling and extracting other insights from data capable of enabling monetization & new business models. This is a critical role in Rheem's IoT program and will result in interaction with multiple functions, including executive interaction. This role will also allow opportunities for professional growth and is a critical first step in building a strong data analytics team.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop analytic requirements collaboratively with Engineering, Cloud & Product teams and integrate them into the product development process
- Analyze and isolate trends in product data using predictive modeling techniques and translate into meaningful outcomes and benefits in collaboration with Engineering, Cloud & Product teams.
- Work with business teams to assist with data monetization and new business model development.
- Develop a 3-year Analytics Roadmap to align with Product & Business plans
- Continuously innovate by staying abreast of and bringing recommendations on the latest tools and techniques associated with AI/Machine learning and digital analytics.
- Define and implement data science best practices
- Analyze data and develop models, algorithms, and/or simulations for complex business problems
- Perform statistical analysis to establish causal relationships between drivers and outcomes
- Develop and manage models, workflows, and/or code in support of specific modeling project work
- Accountable for model and code quality and documentation
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support specific project work
- Leverage expertise to develop and lead new data analytics technologies supporting various products
- Optimize data collection frequency and volume. Analyze data, develop algorithms, and deploy solutions based on real-world needs.
- File patent applications, publish, and present at appropriate conferences
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans for all major active projects
- Create and publish monthly KPI reports
- Present roadmap, design, & execution plans periodically to stakeholder teams and governance bodies
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering required
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Math/Data Science or similar quantitative discipline such as Business Analytics, Physics, Econometrics preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in manipulating data sets through standard statistical& ML packages (e.g. pandas, numpy, sklearn, spaCy)
- Proficiency in modern ML frameworks (e.g. SparkML, PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Hive, Spark
- 4+ years Machine Learning Expertise: classic supervised modeling algorithms (e.g. RF, LR, GB, SVM), hyperparameter tuning, feature selection, dimension reduction and evaluation criteria
- Demonstrated successful use of project management skills across multiple teams
- Strong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concerns
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, etc.
- Strong understanding of statistics and modeling techniques
- Natural curiosity for exploring data and finding the untold story
- Ability to simplify complexity, communicate clearly and teach others
- Manage multiple data science projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable operating in matrixed and lightweight process environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrixed environment.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top