Innovation Engineering Intern
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
This exciting position as an Innovation Engineering Intern/Co-Op will support and be located in our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have a passion to solve pressing customer needs? Do you have a passion to deliver a product / service that is focused on the customers? As an intern you will be exposed to lean startup and design thinking methodologies to validate customer needs and experiences. You will work closely with our innovation team to quickly create proof of concepts to testing in market. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and agile team environment. The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial spirit focused on delivering value to the customer.
- Assist the design and build stages of Prototypes for Innovation Projects
- Assist development test protocols
- Set up test equipment and execute tests per the test protocols
- Compile/process test data and write test reports
- Assist drafting and development of new IP disclosures
- Perform prior art search and State of the Art Technology search for new concepts to be developed
- Search regulatory standards and generate feasibility reports for new concepts
- Create WIP CAD drawings for new prototypes/concepts
WHAT YOU NEED
Student in an approved undergraduate program with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a graduate of an accredited University/College in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer skills (PowerPoint and Microsoft Word/Excel).
- Skills in and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well with others in a team oriented development environment with a high level of agility.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Good understanding of fundamental sciences such as Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Strength of Materials, Material Science, Chemistry
- Self-driven and willing to explore new technologies and challenge orthodoxies
- Experience with CAD/CAM design tools
- Experience with research and validation testing is a plus
HOW TO STAND OUT
Project Management certification/experience
- Masters degree a plus
Back to top