- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Innovation Engineer is responsible for engineering innovation projects and acts as key enabler for R&D and Engineering team access and adaption of innovation methodologies, being able to view projects and concepts holistically with lean start up mentality, and to deliver solutions for various explorations and new products. This role supports innovation program of business unit to ensure customer centric development of new products, processes and services. The Engineer will innovate company portfolio with innovation leaders and collaborates across functions and divisions. Position Develops early stage conceptualizations of products based on customer and market feedback through creating proof-of-concept.
An ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial attitude, disruptor mindset, passion for technology and strong desire to create products and run programs to drive innovation in the work culture.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Manage innovation programs from POC to Milestones:
Develop early stage conceptualization of new products, enhancements of existing products and proof-of-concept (POC) demonstrations of emerging technology within business unit.
- Translate overarching customer insights into actionable concepts and innovation projects.
- Investigate adaptation of new technologies and manufacturing processes to bring about product concepts and solutions.
- Technical owner for innovation projects through to completion and managing progress relative to milestones.
Create initiatives and funding for acceleration of innovation:
- Create outsourcing portfolio for rapid prototyping, small batch manufacturing, and on-demand engineering.
- Set up and maintain organization-wide crowd sourcing campaigns for resolving pressing business challenges.
- Work directly with startups, evaluate emerging technology and deploy pilots where opportunity arise for the business.
Influence and manage key stakeholders in innovation:
- Work cross-divisionally with partners and business units to define specifications and requirements for new product and technology investigations.
- Manage outside engineering firms, facilitate solutions via coordinating cross functional groups.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to decide course of action, taking calculated risks, developing strategic plans, journey mapping, brainstorming and requirements for gathering/definition.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design, fabricate, test, and demonstrate innovative product solutions.
- Bring in emerging technology experts and set up companywide technology seminars.
Market and customer impacts:
- Develop solutions based on business needs through market discovery and customer insights, while applying lean start up methodologies, and evaluating emerging technology applications into POCs and pilots.
- Understand and be an expert in market and customer insights for water business target focus areas.
- Plan, facilitate, and participate customer empathy and co-creation sessions in order to translate feedback and prioritize technology design and product approach.
- Lead groups through ideation and integration exercises; breaking information into parts, patterns and relationships; and identifying common themes among multiple inputs, and developing action plans.
- Facilitate customer-centric rapid development approach of continual development, embrace changing requirements, and execute design build learn cycle effectively.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant discipline required.
- 3-5+ years of progressive experience and leadership roles in technology, engineering or product design.
- Contemporary and diverse experience in engineering fields such as mechanical, materials, electrical and communications systems, and manufacturing systems.
- Proven track record of successfully building and delivering complex products involving multiple engineering disciplines.
- Ability to deliver quality results with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Experience and understating in commercialization journey of consumer or commercial products is a plus.
- Effective skills in communications, persuasion and negotiation to influence others and navigate complex relationship scenarios inclusive of those without direct reporting relationships.
- Experience developing new opportunities to identify cutting edge technologies to enable business objectives and POF.
- Comfort with elements of ambiguity and change, and innate desire for bringing new concepts to life.
- Superior analytical skills, quantitative assessment, logical thinking, and problem solving skills with attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, multiple tasking, and project leadership as essential to the agile design approach.
- Demonstrated practice of continued learning, acquiring new skills, and possession of a creative aptitude.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials or related engineering field.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment.
- Run own business or has played an active role for a startup.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top