Human Resources Generalist
- Scottsboro, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supports the organization by implementing and administering human resources programs or policies. Provide day-to-day support in human resources services, which may include recruiting and staffing, administration of compensation and benefits programs, training and development, employee or labor relations, and affirmative action/equal employment opportunity compliance.
This position will serve our HTPG Division, located in Scottsboro, Alabama.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for organization personnel.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field
- 4-6 years Human Resources Generalist experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Broad knowledge of human resource management principals
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- HRIS system experience with such applications such as Ultimate/UltiPro, Oracle, Kronos, SAP, ADP.
- Experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bilingual (French or Spanish) preferred.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top