Global Sourcing Platform Manager, Residential Gas
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Global Sourcing Platform Manager (Residential Gas) is the lead for Strategic Sourcing Activities related to the full global product platform. This position serves as the lead Strategic Sourcing team member for Water Heater Product Development and Cost Improvement projects, providing leadership in developing and executing Sourcing strategies that meet overall business and platform objectives.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform in a leadership capacity by developing program-specific sourcing strategies for water heater development projects that achieve project cost targets and timelines.
- Represent Strategic Sourcing Department in all PDP core team meetings supporting agreed upon PDP deliverables and communicate supply challenges to category managers and supplier service coordinators
- Manage project schedules as they pertain to sourcing activities and communicate to plant materials, commodity managers, and supplier service coordinators.
- Support engineering by providing broad-based sourcing expertise and advice
- Lead monthly meetings with each category manager and supplier service coordinator to review status of all on-going PDP projects
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth hand-off from sourcing to material planning/operations
- Ability to travel within the Unites States and internationally to meet with Rheem's Global Procurement teams, factory teams, and suppliers in support of product strategies and activities.
- Lead Cost Improvement Activities for assigned product platform
- Provide regular data analytics that measure material cost performance and guide business strategy.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership while navigating within a matrix driven environment.
- Supervise potential of 1-4 team members
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a business leader with supervisory experience / liaison responsible for coordinating complex issues within and between departments including alignment with product development and supporting procurement teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Proven background in project management with building strategic business plans
- High degree of proficiency in Oracle, Microsoft Office tools to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required, as this role will present to Senior Leadership.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and coordination skills
- Ability to travel 25-50% with the ability to travel internationally
HOW TO STAND OUT
- 5-8+ years of experience in commodity management in an industry related field.
- 5-8+ years of experience in product engineering, quality, or manufacturing environment
- Supplier Contract initiation and documentation skills.
- Project Management Certification
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top