- Fort Smith, AR
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist supervisory personnel in maintaining the efficient operation of the department or section of the department to which assigned.
- Take no authority to issue or direct disciplinary action.
- Assure the orderly flow of work within the assigned group giving proper consideration to quantity and quality of work.
- Instruct and direct employees in the proper method and procedures to be followed in accomplishing an assigned task.
- Assign or reassign work to other employees as needed or as authorized.
- Perform duties of all positions covered by group leading functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Regular attendance is expected and required.
- Report any unusual mechanical or operating conditions to proper persons.
- Coach and assist in development of operators including but not limited to standardized work, quality, safety, and problem solving.
- First point of contact and support for operator's needs.
- Create job instruction material and conduct operator training.
- Escalate problems through the help chain as needed.
- Lead 5s initiatives in their designated areas including maintaining Visual Displays in the area.
- Investigate and develop root cause for problems in their area and establish quick countermeasures.
- Use problem solving to suggest changes to help with operator issues, safety issues, quality concerns, and delivery issues.
- Inspect area to improve scrap, holds, FPY. Identify and improve area to ensure high standards of product quality.
The incumbent may also perform one or more of the following activities:
- Coordinate activities of assigned group with other sections or departments and within own section or department.
- Maintain a smooth flow of production by obtaining and keeping parts, assemblies and materials on hand as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Oversee all internal audits as scheduled.
- Act as a 'consultant' for any quality related issues; this will include network software (i.e. PinPoint, ServiQuip, and ECI), technical information and document relations.
- The Group Coordinator must be able to perform the complete jobs for each position in their group to be able to train new employees and to fill in for those positions if needed
- This position is 2nd shift
Requirements & Minimum Education:
Three (3) years manufacturing experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certifications may be required depending upon the Group Coordinator's department, e.g., Brazer Certification, ASQ Certified Quality Technician, Forklift Certification, etc.
- The ability to read and write in English.
- The ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Attention to Detail
- Basic Math
- Reading/Writing Comprehension
- Good Communication Skills
Back to top