Field Service Technician Controls- Orange County
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing technical product support including start-up, installation, trouble-shooting and maintenance at off-site end user locations. Service Technicians are required to drive Company vehicles to and from customer locations.
- Tests and repairs company products by travelling to the customer's location.
- Connects products to power source and test meters.
- Provides troubleshooting as well performing installation of equipment.
- Ensures the equipment on which they have performed troubleshooting is in proper working condition.
- Uses a variety of small tools and maintains parts inventory.
- Maintains service or maintenance records.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of technical service experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate discounts and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Functional Competencies: Ability to understand, demonstrate and analyze the organization's customer support policies, warranties, standards and procedures and ability to educate and guide customers on these interactions in a timely manner.
Customer Interaction: Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and techniques of communicating with a customer; ability to utilize practices, tools and techniques for customer interactions, including analysis of customer activities, profiles and information and providing follow up in a timely manner
Customer Support: Knowledge of the marketplace and new developments in customer support including the ability to predict trends related to the Customer Call Center or Support function.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top