Engineering Support Specialist
- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
This exciting role as an Engineering Support Specialist will be responsible for the control and distribution of engineering specifications and assisting in the maintenance of the Bill of Material database through Engineering Changes and periodic audits. This role will assist in the maintenance of the Product Configuration data in the MRP system for all products sold within the Water Heater Division.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Assist in the implementation of changes in the BOM database and release to production via Engineering Change Notice (both paper and electronic versions)
- Assist with auditing BOM's for accuracy and completeness of data provided by engineering specifications
- Assist in monitoring and updating the electronic engineering database and review drawing packages to ensure correct revision level of engineering specifications are released from R&D to other areas at time of ECN release
- Maintain paper and/or electronic files for current, inactive and obsolete engineering specifications
- Assist Engineering Implementation Coordinator(s) on allowable options, configurations, and label specifications required for those configurations to include:
Set up attributes (options) for all heaters.
- Link attributes to parts using values obtained from engineering specifications
- Set up rules in the Configurator for valid attributes and attribute combinations
- Establish attribute links and rules for individual basic models
- Establish groupings for parts that change by either option additions or trade brands at the model level
WHAT YOU NEED
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent form two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in files management (i.e. maintaining electronic and paper files)
- Experience in information dissemination for internal/external clients
- Basic proficiency in Word & Excel (Will be assessed)
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP and BOM Structuring
- Ability to compose business correspondence for internal and external dissemination
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents
HOW TO STAND OUT
Experience in conducting and verification of audits
- Experience in updating and monitoring databases
- Basic experience in project management /coordination
- Knowledge of engineering specifications, ISO, Engineering Change Systems, MTMS, PDMLink
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top