Electronics Reliability Engineer
- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Electronics Reliability Engineer is responsible for supporting Water activities needed to develop and implement reliability plans for PCB/software/controls applications. The position works with controls engineering (PCB/software/controls applications) and project core team members to ensure reliability objectives are completed before product launch.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Ability to effectively interface with controls engineering and project core team members to develop, communicate and support implementation of reliability plans for each project. Maintains ongoing summary of all controls reliability projects.
- Provide support to controls engineering on establishing and improving written reliability requirements as part of each key electronic component, sub-system and product (system) qualification plan. Develops and generates reliability prediction models, as needed to develop recommended test methodologies for components, sub-systems and product (system).
- Develop and oversee execution with controls engineering to facilitate HALT/HASS testing on PCB and other electronics systems, sub systems and components .
- Ability to implement and train controls engineers on controls FMA (failure mode avoidance) methodology, tools and requirements.
- Ability to translate warranty data, DFMEA outputs, PFMEA & Control Plan inputs, and field test and reliability test findings to prevent reoccurrence of failures in reliability and field testing.
- Works closely with controls engineers, project core teams and Reliability Lab to maintain test data of ongoing Water projects.
- Develop Design Verification Plan (DVP) for controls.
- Supports controls engineering and project core teams to meet or exceed reliability and design life objectives based on DFMEA and DVP before product launch.
- Supports and ensures Boundary Diagram, P Diagram, Interface Analysis, Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Design Verification Plan (DVP) are completed as required for each project.
- Provide support to the Reliability Lab, controls engineers and product engineers with test failure investigation and reporting process.
- Support controls engineering with utilization of Design of Experiment (DOE) and analysis.
- Ability to serve on multiple project teams to support development of project reliability requirements.
- Ability to learn creation of dashboards in Tableau or other analytics tools using reliability field and lab test data.
- Attend DFMEA reviews with each assigned project team
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor of Science in EE or other related engineer fields. Master of Science (M.S.) in EE Engineering is preferred.
- Min of 3 years of experience in controls reliability combined with design of PCB/Software
- Demonstrated ability to develop product and component reliability prediction models for electronics components using Exponential distributions. Hands on experience with Mini tab is preferred
- Experience training personnel on reliability processes and procedures in EE
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
- Clear understanding of reliability statistics and analysis skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations with limited standardization as it pertains to reliability engineering
- Experience training personnel on Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Boundary Diagram, P Diagram, interface analysis and design verification plan for electronics hardware and or software
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and engineering specifications
- Strong problem solving, project management and coordination skills
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- No Overtime work restrictions
- No Travel restrictions
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master of Science (M.S.) in EE
- Minimum 5 years of controls reliability engineering experience
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards
- Certified Six Sigma black belt or green belt
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools i.e. Tableau, QlikView, Alteryx
- Working knowledge of application of AI algorithms for pattern recognition or prediction
- Experience with WCCA and sneak-path analysis
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top