Electronic Controls Engineer – System Team Leader
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Electronic Controls Engineer - System Team Leader is r esponsible for managing the system engineering development process and leading the system engineering team for Rheem electronic controls. Will work collaboratively to grow Rheem's system engineering development capability and capacity. This is a key position on the electronic controls team within Rheem's Advanced Technology Integration organization, providing advanced technologies and systems solutions for Rheem's Water Heating and Air Conditioning business units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the electronic controls system development team engineers.
- Lead project management for electronic control system development and verification activities
- Work collaboratively to define system work products, processes, and quality criteria.
- Work collaboratively to develop and extend system architecture and design for electronic controller applications.
- Lead system work product reviews and ensure closure of action items before release of design documentation and work products.
- Active engagement with software, hardware, test, and product development teams over the entire product life cycle to ensure that system engineering work products are planned, documented, and completed.
- Document / Define / Update (in conjunction with software, hardware, and extended team) controller system requirements.
- Document / Define / Update controller system architecture including key functional blocks, inputs, outputs, and interfaces.
- Document / Define / Update (in conjunction with software, hardware, and extended team) system requirements verification plan.
- Create / Maintain a controller traceability matrix which maps controller requirements to the associated verification activities and results.
- Define / Perform verification activities as required including support of product and component level reliability testing.
- Participate in product design reviews to ensure that products have required hardware and software features.
- Support manufacturing engineering and suppliers by participating in the development of product test procedures and control documentation
- Work closely with customer service team to support product and controller training.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required and preferred for this position.)
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical discipline)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the development of embedded microprocessor based controls.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in successful embedded system engineering project management.
- Experience working effectively with multiple departments such as R&D, product management, marketing, manufacturing, service, suppliers, and customers.
- Proven track record of developing talent and building effective teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with electronic controls for Water Heating and / or HVAC equipment
- Experience with System Requirements Documentation, Requirements Allocation, Requirements Traceability, and Test Case development and execution.
- Experience with Functional Safety (e.g., IEC 61508, ISO26262) or Agency Certification Requirements (e.g., UL 60730, UL 174, etc.)
- Experience with product and component level FMEAs
- Experience with electronics failure analysis
- Experience managing embedded systems development over the entire product lifecycle.
- Ability to read, understand and implement technical procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to create and interpret a variety of schematic, electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess and demonstrate proficiency in the following competency areas:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication (present and clearly communicate technical information to engineering audiences)
- Problem solving
How to stand out:
- Masters in Engineering
- Gas appliance Application Experience (Strongly preferred)
- HVAC or Water Heating Application Experience (Strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in National Instruments Test Stand and LabView Test Environments.
- Electronics Design Experience
- Software Experience
- Electronics Manufacturing Experience
- Quality / Reliability Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: None Required.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top