Electronic Controls Engineer – Software Team Leader
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Electronic Controls Engineer - Software Team Manager is responsible for the software development process and leading the software team for HVAC and water heating products. Will work collaboratively with Rheem's Software Architect to grow software development capability and capacity. This is a key position on the electronic controls team within Rheem's Advanced Technology Integration organization, providing advanced technologies and systems solutions for Rheem's Water Heating, Air Conditioning, HTPG, and Raypak business units.
This position will serve our Water Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Provide direct report leadership and mentoring to the electronic controls software development team.
- Lead project management for electronic control software development activities
- Work collaboratively to define software work products, processes, and quality criteria.
- Work collaboratively to develop and extend software architecture and design for software applications.
- Lead software work product reviews and ensure closure of action items before release of software and software work products.
- Work to support the validation of the software in the product application, with a focus on identifying and resolving any software, hardware, or system anomalies
- Work with controls contract manufacturers, products manufacturing engineering and service on the implementation and validation of software features to support construction and field support
- Support the development of tools for PC, handheld, and other devices that could be used for development, test, manufacturing, service, or other applications
- Lead and participate in formal design reviews of electronic controls requirements, schematics, layouts, software, as well as FMEA, DFM, DFT, and other related analyses.
- Continue to develop professionally. Represent company as requested in technical societies and keep the company advised of pertinent developments, new concepts, and opportunities.
WHAT YOU NEED
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical discipline)
- Experience in Cyber Security
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the development of embedded microprocessor based controls.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in successful embedded software project management including direct leadership of software engineers.
- Experience working effectively with multiple departments such as R&D, product management, marketing, manufacturing, service, suppliers, and customers.
- Proven track record of developing talent and building effective teams.
Must possess and demonstrate proficiency in the following competency areas:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication (present and clearly communicate technical information to engineering audiences)
- Problem solving
Experience managing embedded software development over the entire product lifecycle.
- Experience in the developing production software for embedded microprocessor based controls in assembly and C
- Experience in validating software operation in electronic equipment controls incorporating both analog and digital circuits
- Experience with Functional Safety (e.g., IEC 61508, ISO26262) or Agency Certification Requirements (e.g., UL 60730, UL 174, etc.)
- Experience in presenting technical information to groups
- Experience working successfully with multiple departments such as R&D, marketing, manufacturing, service engineering, suppliers, and customers
- Expert level programming experience in assembly and C
- Familiarity with multiple communications media and protocol such as wired, wireless, optic, CAN, BACNet, Modbus, TCP/IP
- Technical knowledge of product design and failure analysis
- Working knowledge of statistical methods or Design-of-Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with electronic analysis methodologies and associated instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
HOW TO STAND OUT
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Masters in Engineering
- Gas appliance Application Experience (Strongly preferred)
- HVAC or Water Heating Application Experience (Strongly preferred)
- Electronics Manufacturing Experience
- Quality / Reliability Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: None Required.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top