Division Packaging Planner
- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Division Packaging Planner will be r esponsible for the coordination of packaging development for new products, cost reductions and support of supply chain effectiveness for Rheem's Water Heater Division (WHD). This role will engage among development teams in design for product transport, design of transit capable product packaging, and supply chain characterization. The position will also facilitate periodic cross-functional reviews for product packaging effectiveness, workflow planning, and opportunities assessments related to product delivery.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define and maintain packaging test protocols (PTP) in the qualification of packaging designs consistent with characteristics of product distribution models and Total Supply Chain (TSC) plans.
- Guide development teams in the assessment and design of products for TSC loads and handling. Engage with development teams in considering potential TSC alternatives and handling plans needed to ensure cost effective product delivery.
- Serve as coordinator for the design of packaging concepts, creation of functional packaging prototypes, and testing of packaging designs through suppliers, consultants, and other internal resources.
- Maintain portfolio of packaging related projects, assignments and success metrics for effective and timely deployment of packaging needs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot serious packaging related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and perform corrective actions.
- Periodically evaluate cost reductions opportunities through source reduction, material selection, design efficiency, shipping efficiency improvements and the like.
- Engage with thought leaders in the packaging community to remain abreast of emerging technologies for introduction of new opportunities to the company.
- Conduct cross functional reviews with Division managers to measure product delivery effectiveness, establish special assignment teams and develop yearly objectives.
- Supervisory responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7-10 years industry experience in packaging design and application.
- Diverse knowledge of packaging materials, applications and equipment is required.
- Working knowledge of ASTM, ISTA, ISO and other packaging qualification standards.
- Experience in developing packaging test protocols representing a total supply chain.
- Support of production start-ups and equipment trials for new packaging design projects.
- Working knowledge of ArtiosCad, Pro/e, or similar solid modeling software.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience in formulating optimizations involving functionality and costs.
- Application of design of experiments (DOEx) to characterize complex packaging challenges.
- Finite element analysis (FEA) assisted design to simulate loads, product stresses, and multivariable factors.
- Certified Packaging Professional (CPP)
- Certified Packaging Laboratory Professional (CPLP) preferred
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top