District Technical Representative (DTR), Water Commercial Growth - Southern California
- Oxnard, CA
Provide product technical training and support to the regions distributors, contractors and manufacture rep agencies in the proper application, installation, operation and service of products. Provide factory expertise to encourage best product reliability and highest customer satisfaction.
Develops in depth knowledge of Rheem family products. Patiently Trains/shares that knowledge with external product service organizations to develop capable service partners. Emphasis on Training. Recognizes that they are Marketing Rheem in the service marketplace.
(To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Create and deliver agency, distributor, and contractor training development focusing upon product installation methods, product service and diagnostic methods, and new product introduction. Meet and interface with assigned distributors on a regular basis to drive relationships.
• Provide remote technical support regarding routine product installation and service issues via telephone, e-mail, and other communication channels and refer more complex issues to higher levels.
• Drive attendance to company education programs through needs assessment and continuous customer engagement, including plumber contractors, distributors, specifying engineers and agencies.
• Partner with specifying engineers to provide detailed analysis and training on product functionality and application.
• Partner with application engineers to understand common issues and provide first-line support to inquiries received. Escalate advanced issues to engineering team as needed.
• Provide on-site technical support regarding routine product installation and service issues through face-to-face interaction and refer more complex issue to higher levels.
• Practice best customer care through published standard labor allowance/claim administration, warranty administration, relationship damage control, and effective public relations.
• Conduct investigations related to insurance or warranty claims when directed by regional sales manager. Conduct product performance analysis and investigation and report findings.
• Provide support to sales through customer trainings, such as explain product features or provide technical assistance for installs and tear downs for commercial and residential products.
• Notify, monitor and assist the team on any product problems, modifications and alterations so as to help improve the overall image and quality of the Division's products.
• Maintain accurate records and prepare detailed reports on any recommendation or design change recommended, which improves product reliability.
• Perform other duties as required to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Division.
• Associate degree.
• 1-5 years of basic plumbing skills typical and direct industry experience.
• Prior proven instructor/training experience.
• Must be proficient in computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be capable of traveling extensively (roughly 50% of the time, typically with overnight stays 2-3 days a week).
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies: Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem. If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Talent Acquisition@Rheem.com .
Back to top