District Sales Manager - West
- Los Angeles, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The District Sales Manager - West will serve as the primary customer contact to ensure territory responsibility for satisfying customer requirements and to provide account management for all assigned accounts. Position coordinates with the customer service organization to provide high quality services to the customer, and to continuously recognize new sales opportunities. Utilizes strategies provided by sales and marketing to identify and pursue new accounts.
This position will serve Air Conditioning customers in the Western Region of the U.S., from a home-based office located in the region. Our ideal candidate is located in California or Arizona, near a major airport.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Call on wholesale customers, OEM's, contractors specifying engineers and prospective customers on a regular basis, and provide any other services by creating and pulling business through wholesale channels.
- Work closely with Division Sales, Business Development Managers and National Account Managers to ensure regional responsibility for satisfying branch requirements of customers and to provide account management for territory accounts.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Customer Service organization to present a common "face" to the customer, and to continuously recognize new sales opportunities.
- Communicate and support Company positions on pricing, product and channel strategies.
- Serve as the major vehicle of communication between the customer and the Company.
- Work closely with the Transaction department to resolve disputes and lower transaction costs.
- Communicate the company's position in relation to competitive products, quality, sales tactics and pricing.
- Meet with customers to evaluate existing buying intentions and develop corresponding sales forecast relating to the attainment of predefined sales objectives.
- Annually develop Territory Sales Plan that outlines programs for developing new accounts and increasing business from existing accounts.
- Utilize information and strategies provided by the sales and marketing organizations to identify and pursue new accounts for the organization.
- Establish and maintain a "consultative" selling relationship with the customer.
- Actively engage in developing long-term relationships and retention policies with the customer.
- Develop detailed expense budgets relating to the attainment of predefined sales objectives.
- Collaborate with the customer to execute predefined promotional, advertising and merchandising plans.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term account maintenance plan containing specified customer call objectives and account servicing dates.
- Take proactive ownership for personal training and career development.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Must reside in and or relocate to the account zone.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, equivalent experience, or any combination of both.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in sales (direct/cold calls).
- Must be proficient in computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point).
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong mathematical skills--ability to calculate discounts, interests, commissions, & percentages.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills--ability define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Requires self-motivation and little or no supervision.
- Must have ability to create demand for and sell Rheem products, and develop, maintain and solidify good will and customer relations.
- Must be capable of traveling extensively.
- Must be willing to reside in or relocate to account zone.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in customer call/direct sales in the HVACR industry in the geographical location of the position
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top