Director, Operational Excellence – (Shop floor)
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Director, Operational Excellence - (Shop floor) provides thought leadership, project and operational support in Manufacturing, Process and People development. This role will have a key focus to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery and cost performance.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Partner with manufacturing plants/sites to share new knowledge to intelligently solve problems across the enterprise.
- Drive and ensure Plants have a process of accountability for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Identify key leaders across regions to mentor and develop into teachers of critical Ops capabilities.
- Ensures consistent application of industry-leading, continuously improved operational practices. Acts as an internal consultant on all operations and process issues.
- Design, promote and implement improvements to Shop Floor Process Management. Improve responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital.
- Develop Ops Management strategies to ensure optimal operational performance and internal/external customer support and delivery.
- Support the group global manufacturing footprint strategies into the existing business unit supply chain with minimum interruption and maximum cost reduction.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's Degree Business, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years relevant Operations Management, Manufacturing experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and ERP/MRP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others is a matrix team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of shop floor process and people development and improvement.
- Project management skill and cross functional team leadership skills.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification or experience.
- Experience in an HVAC/Water Heating manufacturing environment preferred.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Ops Management, related field.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top