Design/Senior Design Engineer - Combustion
This exciting role as a Design Engineer - Combustion will be responsible for originating and developing designs for a secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of a structure or device. Apply for and obtain product listing with approval agencies.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop both 3D solid models and 2D production drawings & design components of a major functional system.
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to supervisory signature
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes. Develop agency submittals and coordinate available testing.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Evaluate and design products for ease of manufacturability, and meet cost and performance targets. Assist in the start-up of new products.
- Coordinate with vendors on new or existing components. Apply physical chemical and or mathematical concepts to solve design related problems, and the creation of new designs
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS degree in engineering.
- Five (5) years related job experience utilizing design principles.
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work with mathematic concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Occasional travel required
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience in appliance design.
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards.
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and engineering computer systems.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards and agencies
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
- 5-7 years of related experience in design & manufacture of products.
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Recruiters@Rheem.com .
Back to top