A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Continuous Improvement Intern will be tasked with the responsibility of redesigning material delivery and assembly processes utilizing Rheem Production System principles in order to maximize efficiency. Our focus is in manufacturing, but in this role, we have the unique opportunity to impact every aspect of the business. Continuous Improvement co-ops who participate in our program gain invaluable experience that can place them way ahead of the game in their future job search.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Design and UX jobs in Fort Smith, AR delivered to your inbox every week.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The hours of this internship are flexible, with estimated (up to) 20 hours of work per week during core business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, as class schedule allows up. This is a part time position, while being enrolled in school (NOT summer-only). This position requires someone to be in the Fort Smith, AR area during the school year.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute to Waste Identification in Manufacturing Processes
- Participation on Structured Kaizen Events
- Standardized Work Improvements Across Multiple manufacturing lines
- Operator Station Layout development and Implementation
- Part Presentation Flow Rack Design and Implementation
- Provide support in problem solving activities (JDI, Quick Hit teams, PAB issues, etc.)
- Participate and develop line balances for new product designs and/or potential line rate changes
- Participate and develop manifest systems for single cell areas and potentially full manufacturing line
- Construct Time Studies on existing product
- Potentially support the development of a small/large scale material delivery system.
- Help construct PFEP (Plan for Every Part) documentation
- Participate/Lead small cell layouts using RPS (Rheem Production System) principles and philosophies as required
- Contribute to day-to-day process engineering related issues
- Provide support on custom fixture design, build, and implementation
- Provide support on Factory Master Plan projects as required
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Student in an approved undergraduate engineering program with a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Basic computer skills (PowerPoint and Microsoft Word/Excel).
- AutoCAD Experience (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team oriented development environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be self-motivated.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.