Continuous Improvement Analyst - Operational Technology
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst - Operational Technology role will be responsible for analyzing our application technology requirements within the supply chain areas - production planning, scheduling, manufacturing execution and supply chain visibility systems across Global Water Divisions. The role will execute the digital transformation of the manufacturing processes (from design to plan and build). The role will be a critical member of a fast-growing team, which supports the global business and a partner in our efforts to transform our operational technology. This is an incredible opportunity to have a tangible impact on a multi-billion-dollar global business and gain tremendous experience across a range of functions from manufacturing, scheduling functions.
This role will serve Rheem Global Water businesses and will be based in Atlanta, GA.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Be part of the global Implementation team that analyzes, plans, designs and executes digital transformation programs with the effective use of operational technology.
- Enable operational technology transformation by integration design and production process. Develop and implementing solutions/strategies for necessary operational efficiency.
- Manage the information flow about every aspect of manufacturing, advanced planning, production capacity analysis, lead times and inventory. Integrate Industry 4.0 and IIOT concepts& architecture to deliver operational technology applications/ systems.
- Design applications that focuses on improvement in shop floor productivity and efficiency, minimize downtime and improve capacity and overall equipment effectiveness, improved shop floor visibility, visual factory (Design, development and implementation of manufacturing execution systems).
- Design applications that focuses on removal of non-value-added activities on the shop floor and helps maximize shop floor productivity. Enabling optimized, paperless manufacturing that electronically delivers work instructions to the shop/ work centers.
- Design and build efficient shop floor reporting tools that support ease of reporting shop floor transactions. Focus on improvements in operator's efficiency in reporting/ recording transactions.
- Design shop floor device integration with test equipment integration to sensors, actuators to automation systems like PLCs and IoT sensors, for real time decisions/ recommendations.
- Design device integrations with applications, systems to provide real time data connectivity
- Design, configure/ build meaningful and accurate performance measurement systems and dashboards to help provide supervisory capabilities, visibility and thereby increase productivity at the shop floor (e.g.., FPY, Production to Plan, Labor Performance, Order Shortage Reports, etc.,)
- Develop process documentation, and improve process flow in order to reach targeted business and operational goals via the effective use of operational technology.
- Design, configure and build production planning, scheduling, and sequencing tools that integrate with ERP planning systems - MRP, Kanban, Inventory Planning, etc.
- Effectivity shop planning tools that leverages real time data signals at the shop floor level
- Design, configure and build end-to-end supply chain visibility tools (e.g. control tower)
- Will take ownership of Rheem's strategic/ longer term operational technology roadmap. The scope of this position includes the end-to-end Supply Chain and requires the ideal candidate to interact with all levels of the organization from the plant floor, the site leader to executive leadership.
- Develop implementation plans in coordination with supply chain stakeholders.
- Help/ support business case development for operational technology projects across the divisions.
- Understand key business levers across multiple divisions and work with cross-functional teams to implement operational technology improvements.
- Capture key requirements and translates the "needs" to systems/application designs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial/ Operations Engineering, Information Technology/ Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering would be preferred.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in designing and implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems, Shop Floor Systems/ Applications, Integration of data to and from separate applications and or ERP work in the Manufacturing, Scheduling, and Supply and/or Demand Planning modules.
- Experience in designing applications/ systems in Manufacturing Execution Systems such as Siemens' Opcenter, Dassault's Apriso, Oracle, Rockwell Automation, Avea or equivalent desired.
- Experience with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and DCS (Distributed Control Systems) and/or Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
- Demonstrated ability to plan, document and lead improvement initiatives that have delivered tangible benefits to a business, business unit or division.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Certifications would be a plus.
- Project Management Experience PMP would be a plus.
- Assembles business teams and technology resources to keep projects moving forward in the Operational Technology space. Experience driving cross-functional projects along the value chain is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members.
- Conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate and influence across functions and at all levels of the organization.
- This role will interact with a geographically dispersed team.
- Infrequent international travel may be required.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- This role operates in a matrix organization having primary support for Global US Water business of Rheem Manufacturing Company while reporting up through North America Operations.
- This role will manage RFP process to select and design operational technology solutions/ applications that are best in class.
- Fluent in English
HOW TO STAND OUT
Self-starter, ability to manage projects independently with little to no supervision.
- Must work well in an ambiguous environment to build toward the strategic view.
- Master's in Degree in Engineering or Business will be a plus, but not required.
- Experience going from the shop floor to senior management levels facilitating change in culture of employees, business leaders, departments, and functional organizations to embrace Lean philosophies in designing systems and processes to improve business execution.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented working style with strong influencing skills. Embraces a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency with databases.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, quality and design concepts in the industry - Lean, Six Sigma, Visual factory, Control Tower, Connected Factory.
- Effective in bi-lateral communication with all levels of people in the organization.
- Effectively prioritize multiple goals, and manage conflicting prioritize to optimize outcomes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong collaboration and team skills.
- Ability to develop and lead a team going forward is expected
- Ability to travel 30% both Domestic/International
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top