Compliance Engineering Project Manager
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
In this critical role, the Compliance Engineering Project Manager attains product compliance through testing, analysis and evaluation; by preventing compliance issues; developing and executing compliance programs; and completing documentation. The duties of this role include the creation of procedures and guidelines to ensure that governmental and industry regulations are met. The individual will work with all levels of the organization to educate employees about product specifications and to maintain up-to-date communication on new or revised regulations as they pertain to products.
This position will serve Rheem's HTPG division, located in Duluth, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Determine compliance by adherence to compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures.
- Prevent compliance issues by collaborating with engineering and product development teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
- Guide Product Development teams through all phases of the regulatory certification.
- Develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies.
- Organize compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Create, review and release product certification test plans and ensure effective execution of test plan covering validation testing for compliance to applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor testing at internal laboratories or at 3 rd party test facilities.
- Attain compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; determining necessary corrective actions to resolve non-compliance; recommending product and process changes.
- Document compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity
- Maintain compliance database by reviewing, updating and ensuring accuracy of all required regulatory documentation
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all applicable regulatory agency and performance standards; updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating on applicable regulatory activities, industry organizations or standards development; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
WHAT YOU NEED
• At least a bachelor's degree in engineering discipline such as mechanical or electrical engineering; a master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience demonstrative of successful engineering practices related to compliance engineering, including product testing and analysis.
• Working knowledge of UL/CSA and NSF requirements
• Experience with DOE compliance
• Experience in HVAC or Refrigeration required.
• Strong technical knowledge of vapor compression principles.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Rheem Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem. If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Talent Acquisition@Rheem.com .
Back to top