Commercial Sales Engineer
- Houston, TX
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
As member of the Commercial Sales team, the Commercial Sales Engineer (CSE) will confer with field sales teams, contractors, and engineers to assess their commercial equipment needs and to determine system requirements. You will provide the required sales expertise to develop and support strategic account executive level business relationships, while focused on profitable results for our commercial equipment business.
This position serves our Air Division, based in Houston, Texas.
- Work closely with distributors to effectively promote, sell, develop, and implement programs, training, strategy, and support new product introductions to the markets served.
- Proactively identify and vet potential market opportunities, including upcoming projects and major replacement opportunities and work with distributors to target and win those opportunities.
- Develop consultant / contractors and consultant relationships (become a "trusted advisor"): Regular interaction including meetings with consultants, contractors and developers to build product / brand awareness, work in conjunction with the distributor to get the brand / distributor prequalified and develop application opportunities get the products specified (include technical where required) and assist distributors with submittals where required.
- Clearly communicate the business and products' value proposition and be able to confidently stand behind the product.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining commercial equipment, controls products, or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Ensure mutual compliance with agreements and distributors with distributors, including delivery periods, payment terms and advertising plans (GDP).
- Ensure service excellence to our clients: Work with all internal departments to ensure end-to-end customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate distributors' performance and identify and implement corrective actions where required, including identifying and assessing potential distributors.
- Identify product gaps and assist with introduction of new products when required.
- Prepare sales, forecasts, Consultant, Contractor and Developer reports and other reports on a regular basis.
- Actively participate and represent Rheem in local ASHRAE chapters
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of successful experience in HVAC/R system design, or selling HVAC/R solutions (or related technologies) in the commercial segment to consultants, architects, and mechanical contractors
- Background in strong customer relationships, driving commercial equipment solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Results and target oriented
- Strong written and oral communicator
- "Can do" entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to quickly build rapport, relationships and trust within the Rheem team, distributors / partners and other stakeholders including consultants, contractors and developers.
- Ability to clearly communicate the business and products' value proposition and be able to confidently stand behind the product.
- Confidence to act autonomously and take decision within agreed boundaries to quickly resolve issues.
- Customer and solution oriented
- Ability to structure information and plan agendas.
- Ability to prioritize and rank opportunities based on resources and contribution.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Technical HVAC/R sales experience within the geographical location of the position
Back to top