Associate Product Manager
- Roswell, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
This exciting Associate Product Manager role is responsible for managing a product line or assisting the product manager in managing multiple product lines or product categories. Responsibilities include creating 5 Year Product Road Maps, competitive product analysis, product gap analysis, supporting product lifecycle, product maintenance, product development activities working in conjunction with the Product Manager, product launches and commercialization, updates to product literature and assisting with product sales training. This position is responsible for working collaboratively with marketing, engineering, purchasing, quality and manufacturing to maintain existing product offering while developing new products.
This position will serve Rheem's Water Heater Division in Roswell, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Oversee product maintenance, development, profitability and market share growth of assigned products or product categories or assist the Product Manager with the same.
- Utilize the stage-gate New Product Development Process to manage product re-design projects
- Maintain competitive product data files; prepare SWOT analysis for Product Managers and for assigned products; maintain product roadmap files.
- Conduct product offering analysis through competitive benchmarking activities to include Product tear-downs, PEP process, customer surveys, online research and other benchmarking methodologies.
- Collaborate with engineering and Product Manager to drive cost reduction activities
- Liaison with quality group to monitor product quality and warranty metrics. Assist in setting up and implementing product quality correction solutions and programs.
- Co-lead and assist Product Manager with product design, development and profitability analysis via the Product Development Council Process.
- Maintain product line sales data for all assigned products. Conduct analyses to evaluate key trends pertaining to customer mix, product mix and market trends.
- Provide analysis regarding marketing programs and product portfolio enhancements for assigned products.
- Provide analysis of product sales, price terms, discounts, allowances or other specific sales policies applicable to assigned product.
- Provide support for marketing and commercialization activities for assigned products
- Support the development and maintenance of product performance and specification sheets.
- Perform market research and customer sensing activities required to refine new product designs.
- Assist Product Managers with Project Team support activities and new product feasibility studies.
- Provide a variety of product support for internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business management, engineering or related field
- Min. 3 years of experience in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Engineering related fields.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative and drive toward solutions
- Excellent Computer Skills: (Microsoft Office Suite and Project).
HOW TO STAND OUT
Prior experience in product management preferred
- Sales, marketing, or HVAC / Water Heating industry experience preferred
- MBA in Marketing, General Management a plus
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top