Application Engineer, Water Commercial Growth - Florida
- Orlando, FL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Application Engineer, Water Commercial Growth is responsible for providing solutions to architects, specifying engineers, and mechanical contractors in the design and installation of commercial water heater systems; In addition, provide application sizing and design solutions to internal and external sales/service staff. The role works closely with Customers/Contractors/Engineers to choose best fit products for projects and replacements. The position helps with calculations/sizing/dimensional studies to ensure proper product choice and provides product feedback to Product Managers.
This position will serve our Commercial Water Division, located in Orlando, FL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide engineering solutions for commercial business segments with system design, field installation specifications and ROI analysis.
- Provide support in the system/application design and installation of water heater applications
- Provide product application sizing and design solutions to internal and external sales and service staff, sales reps, distributors, business owners
- Provide support with creation of project quotes showing relevant specifications, complete with sizing information, piping diagrams and install solutions, including accessories
- Provide expertise for diagnosing and resolving application challenges in the field.
- Create technical support documents for Rheem commercial products and maintain the technical documents on the web.
- Work with cross functional teams as second line of technical support for complex issues
- Work with Training team to make sure that training materials are relevant and updated
- Help support and maintain technical application manuals/documents for Rheem commercial products
- Develop and maintain product application sizing charts for all commercial products
- Work on projects as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Associates Degree in Engineering with relevant experience
- 1-5 years of experience in water heating industry or related technical / plumbing related environment
- Experience working with sales or external customers
- Exposure to CAD/technical drawings/building plans
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to find technical solutions to problems and articulate them in written communication (drawings/specs/description/reports)
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Creative thinking to find alternative solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with other departments to provide exceptional service to customers
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Prefer prior experience as an application engineer for water heating
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top