A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
This Acoustics Engineer will work in an Acoustics Engineering group or Simulation Group with a focus on residential and commercial Water Heater product development, technology development, continuous product support and field support. This role is responsible for applying experimental and computational methods for product sound ratings, developing industry leading quiet designs in support of product plans, and representing Rheem at technical societies. Potential focus areas include acoustic testing and simulation, structural vibration, component (fans and compressors) and system noise, acoustic transmission and radiation and acoustic mitigation methods. This Engineer will work closely with various product & technology development teams and with global engineering support center personnel around the globe.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in Montgomery, AL delivered to your inbox every week.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located Montgomery, Alabama.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support and carry-out the advancement and growth of applied acoustics engineering as well as laboratory measurements. The scope encompasses technology in both computational and experimental tools & methodologies applicable to Water Heating products.
- Work closely with product engineers as a member of the various product & technology development teams to design reliable & quiet products and provide solutions to meet market requirements.
- Plan, conduct and supervise various acoustics & vibration tests and/or projects, including but not limited to sound power (reverberant room, hemi-anechoic and sound intensity), sound pressure, steady state and transient vibration, transmission loss and acoustics material properties.
- Work closely with both technicians and engineers (product, acoustics, lab, etc.). Responsibilities include understanding and prioritizing test requests, designing and proposing the appropriate tests, discussing, and supervising test implementations, assuring the validity of the data and its interpretation and documenting the work in formal reports.
- Plan, conduct and supervise work related to developing acoustic simulation models. The scope includes prediction of vibration, sound radiation, source identification, sound transmission and attenuation performance, using 1D/2D/3D models, finite element (FEA), boundary element (BEA), statistical energy analysis (SEA) and/or other methods.
- Correlating simulation or any other prediction models with test data to improve prediction accuracy and validate models.
- Coordinate protypes design and testing with our suppliers.
- Support and successfully accomplish annual corporate objectives for individuals and team.
- Effectively utilize personal project management techniques and utilize the available technical skills and resources necessary for success.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics (or related technical discipline with focus in acoustics & vibration) and at least 5 years of Acoustics or Noise and Vibration experience is required.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Formal coursework in acoustics, vibration, structural mechanics and digital signal processing.
- Experience in acoustic data and structural acquisition systems, both hardware and software, as well as mechanical strain measurement is preferred.
- Experience with Commercial HVAC and/or Water Heating products, (Air-management, Cooling, Heating Products, Water Heating Products, fans and compressors) and AHRI, ANSI and ISO test standards is desired.
- Experience or knowledge in ANSI Acoustics Standard 12.1 & 12.15, Labview, ANSYS Acoustics Modeling, B&K testing equipment, instrumentation and software are highly desirable.
- Knowledge in the design, testing and optimization for sound, vibration and/or flow characteristics of machinery.
- Ability to work on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Internalize Rheem Manufacturing (Water Heater Division)'s purpose, advocate positively for the organization, engender the trust and respect of others, and live the values of integrity, teamwork, respect, courage, and innovation.
- Speak and write in an authentic and persuasive manner to strike a chord with the listener, inspire engagement and commitment, and compel action.
- Seek opportunities and engage with others to gain understanding and insights through the pursuit of information, experiences, dialogue, and feedback.
- Cultivate mutually beneficial customer relationships and work to earn the trust of the customer by ensuring that the Company delivers value and acquire customer-driven insights to effectively address issues, needs and opportunities.
- Innovate by imagining new possibilities and combining existing ideas and approaches to create new business solutions.
- Question accepted practices, develop creative approaches, mitigate resistance to change and encourage others to do the same to promote progress through change.
- Focus on achieving ever-higher standards of excellence - for the business, the organization and personally.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal, and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Rheem Manufacturing (Water Heater Division). Progress begins with you!
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com