Product Design + Usability Lead
RevZilla is seeking an experienced human-centered design professional to join the Digital Product and Experience team. The position reports to the Director of Digital Product and Experience. We’re in hyper-growth mode and looking for folks who want to grab the reins and accelerate the performance of our digital products through thoughtful innovation and collaborative research. Capacity to rapidly assess the effectiveness of a given interface or application, and rightfully employ proper design heuristics as a means to create uniquely meaningful experiences that delight and inspire is essential. Qualified applicants will demonstrate advanced knowledge of interface design, interaction design, user experience, usability engineering, and comprehensive understanding of client-side technologies. As well, they will share in our belief that Design is as much about inspiring an emotional connection as it is about form, function, and ease of use.
If you fancy yourself a creative thinker and efficient doer, motivated by a drive to create digital experiences and processes that align with the way people see and think, AND looking to join a fast moving, collaborative team of eCommerce experts, digital athletes, and motorcycle geeks – you are going to love being a part of the team!
- Lead and manage a team of Product Designers and UX Researchers.
- Help accelerate the performance of our digital products by ensuring we are delivering the most meaningful, useful and efficient tools for our customers
- Evangelize objectives, digital strategy, and product initiatives to accelerate the evolution of all digital properties, including web and native consumer-facing applications across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Define and execute research activities that inform and validate decisions made during design and development of digital experiences.
- Stay one-step ahead on industry trends and inspire innovation through shared expectations, actionable KPI’s and data.
- Iterate and improve the experience at every touch-point of the customer journey.
- Act as a guide through the gauntlet of studying human behavior, identifying solutions, and effectively communicating an actionable plan to move forward.
- Observe, collect, and report on written, verbal, and physical interactions of our customers.
- Connect the dots! Work with your team to translate research findings through verbal and written analysis, reports, and data visualizations; demonstrate the relationship between user behavior and business value.
- Collaborate with various business groups to create a shared understanding of business and consumer objectives, and inspire through effective communication of conceptual ideas, goals, constraints, and rationale.
- Oversee management of digital product roadmaps.
- Participate in concept development, design ideation and creation of user-centered design solutions in support of brand, consumer, and strategic business objectives.
- Investigate complex problems, prioritizing user, business and technical requirements to serve as the foundation for engineering meaningful design solutions.
- Plan and conduct studies such as card sorting, tree tests, first-impression tests, contextual inquiry, task workflow analysis, competitive analysis, remote/unmoderated usability studies, and lab-based usability studies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Core Competencies:
- 5+ years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Product Design (web and/or native), User Experience, Usability Engineering, or similar.
- 3+ years of management experience and mentoring a staff.
- E-commerce and motorcycle experience is a plus, but not required.
- Well-versed in collaborative design techniques, rapid prototyping, UI design, UI patterns, and information architecture.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and application of Human Factors, Cognitive Science, and/or Human-Computer-Interaction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile development environment.
- Comfortable in an agile environment of iteration, rapid experimentation, and prototyping at various levels of fidelity.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to comprehend complex, technical product requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative work sessions with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to make the transition from strategic thinking (conceptual and planning) to execution in order to achieve tactical objectives
- Have command over various research methods and applications related to usability study, design research, analysis, and prototyping.
Back to top