Front End Developer
RevZilla's Technology Team is looking for full stack engineers to help identify, plan, implement, and deploy systems for our technology-driven retail business in Philadelphia. The successful candidate is one who can embrace our core values.
We are a team of juggernauts - we move fast and always look for new ways to raise the bar. To make it here you need to be curious, detail oriented, knowledgeable and transparent with no room for BS. We appreciate those who are willing to embrace change... willing to take a risk (while remembering to wear a helmet.) Both you and your code would need to be humble, courteous, and kind.
The candidate will work on our in-house procurement, logistics, warehouse management, point-of-sale, customer relationship management, and ecommerce solutions. At times this involves evolving our existing solutions to meet new requirements; at other times this requires building out new tools or rebuilding existing tools as needed. The candidate will work alongside other developers, designers, project managers, and business stakeholders to make decisions and ensure priorities are met. Most importantly - the candidate will work with the rest of the ZLA team to continually improve how we enhance the experience of motorcycle enthusiasts.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- 3-8 years experience building and deploying large-scale web applications
- A generalist with deep knowledge in a area or two
- Comfortable failing fast and passionate about both code quality and shipping on time
- Experienced as both a producer and consumer of services and APIs
- Passionate about software as a craft and teaching what you know
- Eager to review peer code and have your code reviewed
- Ready to be faced with both green-field projects as well as existing code to analyze, fix, or replace
- Able to set a high bar for yourself and the rest of your team
Revzilla values using "the right tool for the job." For us, lately, that's meant:
Languages: Ruby, Elixir
Frameworks: Rails, Phoenix
Infrastructure: Ansible, Vagrant, Docker
Datastores: PostgreSQL, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch
Services: 3rd party SaaS search and data providers
The right candidate does not need to have experience in those specific technologies but should at least have an interest in some or all of them. The things we're looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, SASS, and cross browser support.
- Proficiency in Git and source control in a team environment
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented and/or Functional Programming patterns and principles
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
Back to top