Director of Analytics
The new Director of Analytics role at RevZilla is made for someone whose curiosity drives them, their ninja data skills support them and their leadership raises everyone around them. RevZilla’s business has been moving at the speed of an Orange Rocketship and we need you to help us dive deep into data and mine for nuggets of orange, er gold.
The Director of Analytics will help build out and coach the data team, spin up deeper insights into our web, marketing and customer data and add any additional systems we need to keep succeeding. The Director will help accelerate customer growth, revenue and engagement goals in line with broader organizational objectives, culture and mission. While growing and tuning RevZilla’s analytics capabilities, the Director will also contribute to the massive engagement and retention opportunity currently underway.
As a key member of the marketing organization, the Director of Analytics contributes to RevZilla’s success by leading the never ending quest for proprietary insights. This instrumental leader will perpetuate an internal focus on knowledge that drives innovation while facilitating speed and accuracy in decision-making across the entire organization. Simply put; this role will lead the business unit that turns complex data from multiple sources into new RevZilla insights that support strategic and tactical action that drives profitable growth and clarity.
This Director sets the strategy, goals, tempo, tools, fosters collaboration and motivates a team to achieve outstanding results and exceed expectations while helping the entire company win. He or she needs to be, strategic, natively digital, analytically driven, possess a proven track record balancing planning with leveraging the latest trends, technologies and best practices. The successful candidate will be an integral and important addition to the management team and will become one of the pivotal contributors to our growth, scale and continued success.
- Ability to translate data into action and push out meaningful insights across the organization
- Hiring, motivating, mentoring, and developing team-members to constantly build and ZLAvolve our analytics practice
- Build relationships with key functional leaders within the company to incorporate strategic insights into analytical development
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Ownership of team goals, responsibilities and deliverables
- Work with functional areas to identify business opportunities that require advanced analytics solutions. Bringing technical, analytical expertise and business experience to recommend innovative solutions with practical applications.
- Determine when and how to use quantitative research tools and models and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address business problems
- Develop and execute on roadmap to source, profile, prioritize, and ingest customer data across all aspects of the RevZilla customer
- Track and analyze performance in relation to clickstream, paths, transaction, product, marketing channels, and/or customer data using appropriate analytical methods to improve digital marketing return on investment and maximize budgets
- Drive detailed analyses and iterations on LTV, Core Customer, Contribution, etc as they continue to evolve
- Leverage skills and experience in handling very large data sets to guide exploratory analysis, construct relevant variables, and perform sample
- Serve as technical expert and coach in all aspects of model development, including variable selection, variable transformation and interaction detection, iterative model fitting, validation, and performance analysis. Work with business partners to understand and execute needed business diagnostics
- Identify tool or capability gaps, research and present proposals and shepherd the implementation
Bag of Tricks (AKA Skills & Qualifications) Required:
- Ability to lead, manage, and grow a high performing team
- Extensive Web and Marketing Analytics experience
- Proficiency with tools/platforms including:
- Web Analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Google Tag Manager (or equivalent)
- Fluency in SQL, SAS
- Data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Attribution (e.g. Adometry / Attribution 360, Convertro, Visual IQ, etc.)
- Microsoft Excel
- Building and leveraging APIs
- Background in ecommerce/retail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate data insights to all levels of the company
- Data Warehouse experience (Hadoop, etc.)
- Python, R
- Motorcycle ownership/riding experience
- Predictive modeling
What’s in it for you (AKA Perks & Benefits):
- An open minded and warm team that rallies around speed and results
- The usual: competitive compensation & generous benefits package
- Amazing co-workers & access to all levels of the team
- Work at one of PA’s and Philly’s Top Workplaces
- Fun (no really!) team-building events like our annual paintball outing and Two-Wheel-Tuesday happy hours
- Office amenities that include: a Prize wheel, a giant trampoline, and a skateboard ramp
- Help build a world-class marketing and analytics team, working with some of the top digital athletes around. RevZilla’s marketing team has decades of eComm/eMarketing experience for major brands including: NFL, QVC, Toys ‘R’ Us, and Google.
Back to top