Content Writer - Motorcycles
Do you friggin’ love motorcycles? Has your passion for writing and years of experience with all things two wheels had you dreaming of the day when you can combine the two? Well, today’s your lucky day.
RevZilla.com launched Common Tread in early 2014 with great reception from the motorcycle industry. As the written content arm of RevZilla’s media offerings, Common Tread has grown at a rapid pace to serve hundreds of thousands of readers on a weekly basis. Our readership is among the most engaged and informed motorcyclist communities online.
RevZilla.com is seeking a Content Writer to contribute news, educational, opinion and lifestyle content to Common Tread. Your job is dynamic - it’s not just about creating educational resources for riders spanning sport, cruiser and dirt applications. It also means keeping your thumb on the pulse of the latest and greatest in the moto-universe; whether that be new bike releases, race results or industry trends. You need to be a bit of a technical editor - you gotta know and love bikes. Got knowledge of the rapidly-changing strategies on content dissemination? Yep, you need that too. Print experience is great, but so is an applicant with 10k moto followers on Instagram.
We know it’s a tall order. But you need to be a ravenous reader of digital motorcycle everything. If you know who Cyril Huze is, wish RegularCars would review way more bikes, and know what a dank whoolie is, we’d like to talk to you.
- Cover the daily beat of the motorcycle industry
- Research and develop article concepts for collaboration with staff writers and Managing Editor
- Manage CMS
- Collaborate with Marketing, Social and Video teams in order to develop multi-pronged content campaigns
- Use editorial sensibility and data in tandem to iterate and refine content in real time
- Stay abreast of the cutting edge in the motorcycle industry
- 2+ years of related work experience in journalism and/or digital content industry
- Lover of all things moto. A rider, enthusiast and voracious consumer of moto content
- Extensive experience creating editorial content across digital platforms
- Experience in a creative collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Understanding how content is shared across the spectrum of digital media
- Near-limitless energy (boundless enthusiasm helps, too)
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field
** Please submit your resume and writing sample so that it can be uploaded as one document.
Back to top