RevZilla is seeking an experienced and innovative Designer to join the Digital Product and Experience team. The position reports to the Creative Director. We’re in hyper-growth mode and looking for folks who want to be a part of driving innovation across the eCommerce landscape through story-led solutions and create meaningful moments that delight and inspire; ultimately, elevating the brand and relationships with our customers.
Qualified individuals possess superpowers and exhibit extraordinary skills in areas of verbal communication, visual language, brand identity, interface design, and advocating the evolution of emotionally-charged digital experiences. Additionally, you thrive in a fast-paced environment that’s big on team-based collaboration, and trust that failing early is the best approach to thoughtful innovation.
Lead and mentor junior staff while organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Demonstrate active listening and the ability to provide clear and concise feedback. Develop staff’s ability to step outside their comfort zone and take design execution to the next level. Be available, meet regularly to review work, encourage questions, listen attentively, provide clear feedback with next steps, and constructively challenge the staff to deliver on-time, on-brand, and on-mark. Above all else, be professional. Be prepared. Be responsive. Be mindful. Be a role model - demonstrate and lead by example. Successful delivery of projects is also one of your responsibilities.
If you consider yourself an innovative visual “storyteller”, a thinker AND a doer, and looking to join a fast moving, collaborative team of eCommerce experts, digital athletes, and motorcycle geeks – you are going to love being a part of the team!
- Think holistically about the experience and collaborate with production and cross-functional teams to ensure the brand message is at the forefront of all content and campaigns.
- Deliver design solutions that establish an aspirational and emotional bond between user and system while overtly and clearly communicating the intended message and motivating consumers to carry out their tasks.
- Oversee creative work execution through implementation, adhering to creative direction, requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Contribute to the creation of innovative (digital and physical) concepts through active participation in various idea-generating design sessions.
- Ensure a consistent and coherent brand message across all forms of communication and digital experiences.
- Deliver formidable designs rooted in consumer insights.
- Stay current and strategically employ the latest industry and design trends to continuously improve aesthetic and production processes.
- Contribute to a fluid and scalable design system of style guides, pattern libraries and other brand-specific components – establishing a vision for various components fit together to deliver a cohesive and clearly identifiable brand experience.
- Design visual artifacts including, but not limited to mood boards, concept “sketches”, comps, storyboards, animation, print material, apparel designs, and presentations.
- Mentor and advise junior design staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Core Competencies:
- 5+ years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Creative Design, Interactive Design, Digital Media, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in fine arts, graphic design, or digital media design.
- E-commerce and motorcycle experience is a plus, but not required.
- Exceptional digital design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and ability to define aesthetic for connected experiences.
- Master of color, composition, type, form and narrative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile development environment.
- Ability to manage complex content schedules and deliver projects on time and on budget; be reliable and react quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to comprehend complex requirements and envision solutions that compliment system architecture and work within the confines available technology.
- Ability to be both macro and micro in your observations; inspired by the big picture but sweat the details; strive to produce work at the highest quality.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative work sessions with multidisciplinary teams.
- Expert knowledge of creative design and development process.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with applications and methods of user centered design tools: Google Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Familiar with various methods and applications related to user-centered design, HCI, usability, design research, analysis and prototyping.
Back to top